CHAPTER 7: Athena, My Wolf

AUDRINA

Thorne came walking out shaking his head and as I noticed him start to head towards the door to the backyard, I caught up to him to apologize. 

"Hey! I hope I didn't get you into trouble." I start apologizing. 

"Not at all. He's just a jealous dumb ass. I'll see ya later. I've gotta go and check on the guys by the perimeters." He says before leaving and I can't help but smile. 

Wait, did he say that Maynard was jealous? Why would he be jealous and for what? IF it's because of how good Thorne, the guys and I get along with each other then if maybe he was nice too, I'm sure we can get along better. 

Anyways, I'm not going to worry about it since the others like me. Then before going to bed, I decided to make some hot tea to take with me to my room. 

After I was done, I heard my wolf, Athena, who has been ignoring me ever since I was rejected, finally say something which startled me. 

"He was right, you know." She says. 

"Who and wait, where have you been?!" I replied as I looked for some sweetener to put into the tea. 

"Sorry about that. I needed some alone time but I swear I won't ever go anywhere again without at least telling you first......and I was talking about what that hottie, Thorne told you about Maynard, by the way." She explains. 

"I doubt that." I scoffed. 

"Fine! Don't believe me. But don't ever say I didn't try to tell ya." She states. 

"Talking to yourself again?" I hear Maynard say from behind me in the doorway of the kitchen as I gasp while startled and feel the hot tea as I seemed to have spilled some on me from jumping a little bit. 

"Ow!" I yelled out loud in pain. 

I next quickly run to the faucet trying to pull the fabric of my top away from my skin so that it doesn't continue burning my skin all while grabbing the dish towel and wetting it with cool water and dampening my skin before blotting the tea on my top. 

Thankfully Thorne took me shopping after a few days of being here and deciding I'd be staying. So luckily I have things to change in to. 

"Geez, do you think you can NOT scare the shit out of me?!" I snapped at him. 

"I'm not the one that was having hot tea with her back turned." He says. 

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes in annoyance before I put the mug into the sink to wash later. 

Next I started making my way towards the hallway to go to my room and after taking a shower before putting on my PJ's, I came walking out of the bathroom while ignoring the redness on my skin I now have on my chest and as soon as I walk up to the bed, I am taken back at what I see on the night stand....it's a cup of tea with some sweetener packets, a sliced lemon and spoon. I look at the door thinking there is no way that he could have made me a cup out of guilt even. 

When I sit down on the edge of the bed on the side, I take the sweetener and pour it in before stirring and after taking a sip from it, I begin to think about some things. 

Then after I finish my tea, I lay down and begin to fall asleep. For some reason I ended up dreaming about my family finding out in where I am including my sister and ex-mate and everyone in this house was slaughtered. 

I suddenly woke up catching my breath as I sit up and try to calm myself down. 

"It was just a bad dream. It was only a nightmare." I quietly tell myself out loud before falling back onto the bed and going back to sleep. 

I really do hope that the dream wasn't a 'sign' or anything. I think maybe I should go for a run tomorrow. It has after all been a while since I have let her run. Which was due mainly to me letting my family make sure I tried to lose my wolf and treat her badly enough so she'd eventually leave me and I'd be even weaker. 

Luckily though I have been blessed with Athena who happens to help give me courage and hope. 

Hopefully when I close my eyes again and start to dream, it'll be of good things. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)