CHAPTER 25: History Was Made

MAYNARD

I squinted from the pain of the bright sun as it hit my eyes. Then I slowly started to open them up and felt a sharp pain in my side causing me to wince as I moved a little to try and roll over so my back was facing the sun.

I grabbed my side as I sat up and as I looked down at it, I noticed several deep stitches for a scar I know will heal good but yet leave a deep scar forever.

Suddenly all the memories of what happened in the fight came to my head and as I look down beside me I see my beautiful Audrina asleep on her side facing me.

I am so glad that she is the first thing I've seen as I woke up. She's so amazing.

She stirs a little and then slowly begins to open her eyes and smiles at me then opens her eyes wider and quickly sits up.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" She asks frantically.

"I'm fine." I chuckle then wince from the pain after laughing a little bit.

"You sure?" She asks again.

"I'm sure." I smile at her then lean in and kiss her.

"You know, I can go by myself today." She tells me.

"Huh?" I asked her.

"For the trial? To convict my sister, Hamilton and what's left of his pack." She explains.

"That was fast to get a trial." I tell her.

She at first looks at me bewildered and then has a sudden look of realization.

"Oh that's right. Baby, you've been out for a couple of weeks." She tells me.

"What? I have?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. You had to be heavily sedated so that you could heal properly from how deep the cut was." She says.

"Oh. Shit." I say under my breath.

She looks over at our little alarm clock and she starts to get out of bed.

"I have to get ready. The trial starts in almost two hours." She mentions.

"Well wait, I want to go to. They'll need me to testify also." I remind her.

She nods her head in agreement.

"Alright but only of you're up to it." She smiles.

"I am." I reply with a smile also.

We both get up and get ready to head out with Thorne offering to drive us.

When we got to the 'Judgement' room part of the Meeting Hall and in front of the councils, we took our seats immediately.

We were in the front row while hundreds of other Elders and councilmen were surrounding us and the circle part where both Hamilton and her sister were going to step out onto at any moment.

The trial began and they started with his pack, or like Audrina mentioned earlier, what's left of them.

Then it came time for Hamilton and her sister and the head Elder had both of them on the platform in front of him stand together with shackles around their wrists and ankles.

"There will be no trial today or any need of anyone having to testify. The evidence upon you both that have been presented to us all and what all we have witnessed along with what the Moon Goddess has provided us with, you are both found guilty for the crimes you have committed to not only Audrina and Maynard, but also, to the disrespect you have placed upon yourselves including your family's name. Which speaking of your families, both of yours will be convicted and punished for the torment and pain you all inflicted upon Audrina since she was born." He says in finality.

"But Sir..." Audrina's sister tries to protest but is interrupted.

"I do not care what either one of you have to say. There is NO excuse for any of your behaviors. And I also wanted to say one more thing in front of everyone, INCLUDING you both. That as of today, there is a peace treaty that was made between wolves and werewolves once again. It was made and signed last night. Once again, we are all one again with all kinds, not just our own." He announces.

Everyone including Audrina and I look at each other and are in shock but also everyone begins clapping.

"Oh and actually, there is one more final announcement." He begins. "In just one month, there will be a ball thrown in honor of the newest and future Aloha King and Queen, Maynard and Audrina." He finishes as he smiles at us and points to us.

Of course the only ones not clapping and cheering right now are Hamilton and her sister.

"That's bullshit! I have the royal blood! You can't just decide...." Hamilton started to yell at the Head Elder.

"SILENCE! How dare you argue with me and tell me about the rules when you and your family had no right being royal in the first place and as far as I am concerned, you have to EARN your title in which neither you or your family have complied in doing now for the past few decades, therefore, I can choose someone else." He grins. "Take them to their cells where they will spend eternity, apart from each other." He states to the guards.

The guards take them away and Hamilton and her sister are both kicking and fighting to try and struggle their way free from the guards' grasp but it's of no use.

I guess today will go down in history when not only was History made again but also, that JUSTICE was finally served and a new world and life for us all began.

Okay guys, I wasn't going to do an Epilogue but.....I will actually post one tomorrow. :);)