CHAPTER 21: What Is That Exactly?!?

AUDRINA

We went for a walk along the property and since there were many acres, more than what we could finish walking around in just a few hours, we took a nice stroll around as the sun was shining perfectly while we held each other's hand.

"So how did you sleep last night?" He asks me.

"Good." I replied.

"How's your wolf?" He asks me.

"She's better than she was." I tell him. "I'm still worried though. My gut is telling me that something might happen soon. I'm not sure what but was hoping I could get more information from Terrance when he got back." I tell him.

"I'm sure he'll have some good news for us." He reassures me.

"Hopefully, because I've been feeling really bad about this whole thing." I mention.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because it's my fault that I have interrupted yours and your guys' lives because my ex doesn't want to seem to move on without having me either as his slave or dead." I tell him.

We stop and he turns me to look at him but I look away. Then I feel him lifting my chin to look at him.

"Look at me." He says.

"No." I shake my head a little bit and fight back some tears while closing my eyes.

He repeats himself again and this time, my wolf tells me to, so I do it.

"I've told you this before and want this to be the last time I have to tell you. There is absolutely NOTHING you have done to cause any of this. And as far as you supposedly fucking up our lives, it's not true. Easily I could have left you there with him but I didn't." He tells me.

I feel my heart melt as he tells me that because of the sincerity in his eyes and tone of voice.

"I'm sorry." I tell him.

"Don't be sorry." He says. "Now kiss me and then lets finish our little walk then grab a bite to eat." He mentions.

"Okay." I smile back at him then he bends his head down and gives me a kiss before we continue walking a little ways more.

When we do get back to the house, we head inside and the guys all seem to be doing their own thing when suddenly, there's a knock on the front door.

One of the guys goes to answer it and we see  somebody who looks to be a mail person or someone. Even though be isn't wearing a uniform but the guy then leaves.

After closing the doors I then hear my wolf tell me something is wrong. So my stomach starts making me feel a little sick.

"What is it?" Maynard asks Thorne who takes the box from his other guy then walks over to us.

"I don't know but, it's a little heavy." He states.

"Open it up." Maynard tells him.

"Baby, don't. I have a bad feeling." I try and stop Maynard as we walk towards the living room but he assures me it's okay.

I cautiously walk beside him until we finally get a couple feet away from the box as Thorne starts opening it up. The moment he opens it up, the most awful, tear jerking, gagging, most foul odor hit the air and invade our nose.

We all turn away in disgust and try not to throw up then we look and try to cover both our mouths and nose while trying to see what it was.

The moment we got closer and looked inside the box, I not only threw up but screamed in horror and disgust before then turning around and crying into Maynard's chest while he held me tightly.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)