CHAPTER 23: He's Here

AUDRINA

I'm beyond ecstatic that Maynard is my mate. Maybe it's real soon but then again, this does make up for the Moon Goddess' mistake before with Hamilton. But the only thing also is, that I can't really be jumping for joy necessarily at the moment due to the fact that there's still the matter of us possibly going into a big fight with Hamilton.

"Baby?" I hear Maynard say.

I finally snap myself out of my thoughts and look at him.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

"Yeah. I'm much better now knowing that we're mates." I smile at him.

"Me too. I honestly never thought I would have one. Probably because I didn't believe in them before." He says.

I suddenly feel my smile begin to disappear and so dies Maynard as he looks at me concerned.

"Hey. I know things are shitty right now. But we're gonna be okay. You and I can get through this and with the Elders now behind us it's gonna be alright." He tries to calm me down.

"I know. It's not that I don't believe you. It's just I can't explain why or how but, somehow, I feel like I'm able to understand and know about others. My dreams also, especially recently, I have been looking up information and apparently there are some wolves that have an extra strong ability than most and can possibly foresee things." I start to tell him.

He looks at me a little bit bewildered. Then he calls in Thorne.

"Hold on." He tells me as he waits and see's Thorne walk into the room.

"What is it?" He asks.

"Tell Audrina what your strength is." He smirks as he still looks at me.

I'm a little worried but then when I look at Thorne and he starts explaining to me he has the same capabilities, I start to feel less like a freak.

"So you're telling me that you have the same abilities as I do?" I ask.

"Yeah. It's real cool too. Once you learn to master and control it, it's pretty cool. In fact, it comes in handy a lot. But there are of course downfalls to it." He mentions.

"Can you help me learn more and understand?" I ask.

"Of course. Right now though I'm gonna go and train a little bit outside but then maybe afterwards I can show you some stuff." He tells me.

"Okay. That'll be great." I smiled.

He then left out the back and both Maynard and I tried thinking up of what we're going to do in case this thing with Hamilton turns into a bigger war than expected.

We had to wait for to hear back from the Elders anyways so we might as well be productive somehow.

A few hours after we started coming up with something, we got a call and he put it on speaker.

"Sir." We greeted all of them.

"Good evening." The head Elder started. "We have discovered Hamilton's whereabouts and it seems like he is not too far away from you. After a couple of his guys went to your place to try and find you both and didn't, he somehow was informed by somebody where you guys were at." He tells us.

"Shit!" I hear Maynard shout in frustration.

"Now we haven't gone too far away. I also have sent several of my best trackers to keep a close eye on them but I'm afraid we won't be able to get to them in time. It's best if you all leave." He states.

"And go where? No, my men and I aren't a bunch of scared little bitches, we're Werewolves and of Hamilton wants to come after us and fight then he'll get one." Maynard tells the Elder.

"But he out numbers you and the men you have with you by many. Besides, you have someone else you need to think of." He mentions.

Maynard and I look at one another. Then the next thing we hear are growls coming from outside and I could tell some were from Maynard's men and the others were from wolves.

"Oh no." I say.

"What's going on?" The Elder asks concerned.

"He's already here." Maynard tells him and before anything else is able to be said, Maynard ends the call.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)