CHAPTER 22: At Least There's SOME Good News....?

MAYNARD

We couldn't believe this was happening. I for one was used to seeing things like this but, obviously not Audrina.

"Fuck man." Thorne gags.

"Get rid of it." I tell him. Bury him and make sure it's proper." I tell him.

"Alright." He nods as he quickly closes the lids and then starts quickly making his way out the back.

"Shh...." I try to soothe and calm down Audrina.

"I. Can't. Believe. He'd. Kill. His. Own. Cousin." She sobs into my chest.

"Hamilton is a sick fuck, that's why. To have done that to Terrance and dismember his body parts like that." I tell her.

"What are we gonna do now?" She says through sniffles as she looks up at me with tears down her eyes.

"Now we contact the council and MAKE them understand exactly what is going on." I tell her.

I have one of my guys come in here and take her into the living room while I in the meantime try and get a hold of the council.

Thankfully they answered and I told them this was an emergency, which made them come right away. It took them a couple hours less than it did us because they weren't actually that far away, having a meeting with an elder from the vampire council.

It was close to midnight when they got here but as soon as they arrived, we went right into the living room.

"I have asked you Elders to come because we have a huge problem." I began.

"And what is that?" The Head Elder asked me.

"Hamilton has recently dismembered his cousin, Terrance and sent it to us." I start off with what just happened today.

The Elders gasp and are all taken back a little bit.

"Are you sure it was him?" The Head Elder asks.

"Yes, I am. He's after Audrina. He wants to have her as his slave for eternity or worse." I exclaim.

The Elders all look at each other again and then looks back at me.

"We believe you. I can't believe I am about to suggest what I am about to but, I see clearly that we have no choice." The Head Elder states.

"My guys are prepared for anything we have to do." I tell him.

"We know. In fact, we have always known how great you and your men were. You do after all have your parents strength and wisdom." He smiles at me. "I guess I had just hoped this whole, him becoming higher up in the council and such, I thought he would be the one to help us break the division between our kinds." He says sounding disappointed.

"I know." I tell him. "I wish things could be different also, but now maybe you will see that judging others and their kinds based on what only a few have done, you will rethink that and start seeing that we aren't as different." I tell him.

"I know." He nods in agreement while he smiles.

"Listen, I may not be the future Alpha King or have any of those titles in my future but, if I do this, I am willing to sign the peace treaty between our kind just as I have been for a long time now." I remind him.

"Alright." He agrees. "Are there any other requests?" He asks.

"Yes. No matter what happens, make sure Audrina has a great life. It was taken from her at birth and just needs a better future. She DESERVES that." I tell him.

"I do but please don't talk about me like I'm not here." We hear Audrina from behind me say while walking up next to me.

"I wasn't meaning that." I tried to explain until she stopped me.

"Good." She tells me with her eyes still puffy and red from crying so much.

I take hold of her hand, not afraid to do it in front of the Elders.

"Ah, I see now what you meant." The Head Elder smirked at us as the rest of the Elders there smiled at us also. "Which reminds me actually, after the Moon Goddess returned last week, then after hearing we were coming here to see you both, she told me to relay a message." He tells us.

"What is it?" Audrina asks.

"She wanted to tell you both congratulations and that you were both each other's mates. She has made it official and is planning to have a party in both your honors to announce to everyone the great news." He smiles at us.

Holy shit! Is he serious? Is this really happening?!?

"Are you being serious, Sir?" Audrina asks in shock and disbelief as am I.

"Very. We too all agree that you both belong together." He states.

"Wow. Thank you." I tell him still surprised and feeling happier than I have in a very long time.

Never thought I would ever have a mate or even believe in them.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)