CHAPTER 24: Things Will Get Better!?

AUDRINA

It was like a scene from a movie that I happened to be living in. Just the sounds of the growls and the fighting coming from outside between Hamilton's wolves and Maynard's werewolves along with the sounds of them shifting, it became more of a horrific and terrifying than I ever had heard of or even thought of.

Then again, my dreams I feel have been a bit of a warning in some way.

Next thing I know, Maynard is pulling my hand and taking me towards the office where he shuts the door behind us and walks up towards me.

"Stay inside this room and whatever you do, do NOT leave. Do you understand?!" He tells me as he continues to quickly remove his shirt to get ready and shift.

"What? No! I'm helping you all fight!" I argue.

"No! You haven't had training especially in shifting quickly, so stay here and I will come back for you." He tells me as he walks up to me and gives me a long and passionate kiss while I start to cry.

"But I love you. We're mates and we're supposed to do everything including fighting together. Please." I start to beg.

He presses his forehead against mine then wipes my tears from my eyes away before pushing himself back.

"I love you so much. That's why you need to stay here. Just promise me." He says.

"No. I won't watch all of you get hurt or die because of me. I am helping and that's that!" I snap at him.

Before he could protest, we next see the door come crashing down and standing on top of it was Hamilton in his wolf form along with a few of his other pack members.

"Well look what we have here. The two most pathetic people in the world." He mind links me.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you Hamilton!" I tell him before he begins to growl at me and gets ready to come after me then I feel myself being pulled back by Maynard.

Maynard has shifted already into his werewolf form and pushes me back while he lunges towards Hamilton as Hamilton retaliates doing the same thing and them clashing together in midair before landing on the ground and begin fighting.

I watch in horror as I feel I am frozen and can't move. But then I begin talking with my wolf and she tells me to prepare for myself for the most intense transformation I have ever experienced.

Then I start to shift quicker than I ever have and fall onto all fours, feeling more pain than ever until I have fully shifted.

Right away, I growl louder than I ever have and just in time to as I notice Hamilton is on top of  Maynard who is trying to claw at him but Hamilton seems to sink his sharp canines into Maynard's chest, causing him to yell in pain.

When I try to jump on Hamilton, in midair, I get knocked out of the way by who I soon find out is his Beta.

"How adorable. Never thought I'd ever see the day our kind would betray us and have a werewolf as a mate." He taunts.

"Yeah well, times have changed. And I'm no longer the weakest of our kind." I reply with a grin.

"We'll see about that! You will always be the weakest and most pathetic of our kind." He says.

That was it! No more! Enough was enough! These assholes were going to go down and that was that.

So right away I began charging after him as he started doing the same with me and we clashed together as well. Right away we were snapping at one another and clawing then biting and going all out.

Furniture and anything else in our way that we were knocking into was being broken and torn up. But we didn't care. Especially me. In fact, I didn't care about anything or anyone else at the moment. All I cared about actually was that I was going to take them both down.

We ended up getting caught up in the fight until he knocks me down, stands on top of me with his razor sharp claws digging into my chest causing my wolf and I to hurt tremendously and yelp in pain. Then as soon as I kicked him off, he went flying into the air several feet across the room and ends up hitting one of the broken leg pieces from the table and has the piece go right through his stomach, causing him to bleed out. Although not before I watched him struggling by flailing all over until he stopped moving all together and shifted back into his human form and was now lying there dead.

I heard other growls and then a really loud one coming from Hamilton as I struggle to stand on all fours right before I notice him looking at his Beta then back at me and charges after me quickly causing us both to fall out the window and onto the ground below.

The impact from the fall caused us both to yelp a little bit in pain but then before I could get up, I felt myself being jumped on and started rolling with Hamilton's wolf as we snapped at one another, clawed and fought with each other.

Then after what felt like forever, while I noticed we were both becoming tired, to the point that our wolves had become exhausted and too hurt to do anything else that we shifted back into our human forms.

I was in excruciating pain from all the hits, scratches, and bites. Then the next thing I know, is Hamilton's naked self, jumps on top of me, choking me out.

I struggle to try and yet get his hands off of my neck but I can't seem to-he's too strong.

Then right as soon as I feel I was seconds away from taking my last breath, I suddenly felt both lighter and gasping for air.

Then I had soon felt Thorne help sit me up and cover me with a blanket.

"It's alright. You're okay now." He says in his human form now too with some dried up blood and bruises along with dirt all over himself.

I start to cling to him after I finally am able to catch my breath then notice Hamilton out the corner of my eye being restrained back along with my sister as they both try and struggle free from the Elders' grasps.

I next start looking around for Maynard.

"Maynard!" I say to Thorne.

I wince and scream in pain that I feel but I have to find Maynard.

So I run quickly inside and into the office room we were in until I stopped as soon as I saw him holding his stomach while on his side and groaning in pain.

"Baby?!" I yell as I try and quickly run to his side.

Thorne runs to get help as I am on my knees looking at him.

"Fuck!" He yelps.

I next start to roll him onto his back which seems to cause him more pain.

"I'm sorry. Baby it's okay. We're gonna be okay. The Elders are here and they have Hamilton and his pack. So you have to hang on." I begin to cry.

"I love you." He smiles a little while placing his hand on the side of my face.

"I love you too." I reply as I place my hand over his. "You're gonna be okay. It's a flesh wound." I try and make him laugh, which works but also makes him cough up some blood.

He has a gash that's deep and big on his side and blood won't stop pouring out. I can tell that every second he is losing strength and consciousness.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)