CHAPTER 16: What The Hell Is Wrong With Me?!?

MAYNARD

FUCK!! Why didn't I just kiss her?! Why have I even allowed myself to cross that line?

Today has been one shitty thing after another as I first had to deal with an argument with the Elders who wanted me to try and find a way to bring my kind and wolves in general to an agreement, with one of them being a realization that we are alike in more ways than any of us would like to admit and that it's absurd in how divided we have become.

I don't know what has changed their minds all of a sudden and they wouldn't tell me. Then to make things even worse, they told me that Hamilton had mentioned to not only the council but others as well that Audrina had escaped and needed to be found and brought back to them.

I tried explaining to them that maybe Hamilton wasn't as great as they all assume he is but they of course didn't believe me and blamed my remark as an example of being jealous. So I stormed off and didn't of course tell. Them she was with me before heading back to the house. Now this has happened and her cousin will be here at any moment.

I can't get attached to her. I can't feel ANYTHING for her ever. It would never work.

So I find a shirt I had washed the other day in my room and put it on then got myself ready then as soon as I came back downstairs, I saw everyone was talking with Terrance and laughing even.

"Maynard." Thorne announces me.

"What's going on?" I asked upset even more at the fact Terrance seems to be flirting with Audrina a little bit.

"Terrance was telling us about Hamilton and how he has suspicion that it's you who took her." He begins.

I look at Terrance clenching my fists and jaw.

"Hey don't worry. I didn't tell him. What I did tell him though was that you left town for a few days and rumor has it, as of this morning, he left to go find you. So I'd say you have until tomorrow to pack your shit and get the hell out of here before he returns. I'm sure he'll send his men over to make sure I was telling the truth." He says.

"How do we know you're not setting us up?" I asked.

"Because as far as I'm concerned, I'm the best chance you have in taking him down. Not to mention that I was just about to suggest we go and stay at my parents home in Italy." He suggests.

"Why there?" I asked suspiciously.

"Because even Hamilton doesn't know about my family having a home out there and he would have no business in going out there neither." He tells me.

The room becomes silent to where you can hear even a pin drop. Then I look at him before I reply.

"Alright. We will leave tomorrow morning. But if this is some kind of a trick, I swear you will regret it." I warn him.

"Fair enough." He nods in agreement.

"Everyone pack only what you need and be up by eight in the morning ready to leave. I'll make sure to have arrangements at the airport for us." I mention while walking towards the door.

"Where ya goin'?" Thorne calls out to me.

"I'm going out for a bit." I tell him.

"But we need to go over some kind of a plan." He mentions.

"We will tomorrow." I reply to him as I look at Audrina before looking back at Thorne again. "I just can't be here right now." I tell him then shut the door behind me.

All in one day I have had all this shit hit me and I'm not sure I can take it. That's why I left. Well, one of the reasons. The biggest reason though was obviously because of Audrina and how badly I wanted to grab her, push her up against the wall, not caring who saw us and smash my lips onto hers.

Once again though, I couldn't. I can't think like that especially at a time like this. So I start to head out to a local pub nearby and shoot some pool while having a few drinks.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)