EPILOGUE: 2 Years Later

AUDRINA

It's been a good two years since everything went down and I feel it was all for the good on many levels. 

For one thing, it has helped bring both my wolf and I together along with me growing more self confident along with both mine and Maynard's relationship to get stronger and better for the past couple of years. 

Maynard and I ended up becoming the first wolf and werewolf to be a part of the Wolf council together since before there ever was an issue between our kinds. We are high up in the council after showing the bravery that we displayed and the love we had for each other when we weren't originally mates. 

I've learned a lot through the past couple of years from Maynard and his men as he has from me. For instance, he has definitely become more patient with others than he has in the past and has gotten better at hearing others out before jumping to conclusions. 

Life couldn't be any better....Oh wait, yes it can and it DID. One year after everything happened and months after a ball was thrown in our honor to announce us being mates and having new positions in the council, him and I got married. Then I gave birth to our first child, a girl, just a few months ago. 

I swear, she hasn't spoken or anything yet and already she has Maynard wrapped around her little finger. 

I think it's cute and very sweet and thought it was hilarious the other day when we were walking through the parking lot to head into a department store when he almost growled as the noise between the cars and people around being too loud he thought, he was about to turn back around and have us just wait to get what we needed later because our daughter was laughing. 

Sometimes he's a little too over protected of us both but on the other hand, he's just doing it because he cares and loves us very much. 

Right now we are at the park, celebrating Thorne and his mate's first kid's birthday party. That's right, Thorne got married months after we did and apparently had been seeing this girl for months prior to the huge fight. Then they secretly went off to get married and she had gotten pregnant right away soon after so now, we are celebrating their kid's first birthday at a park. 

It's nice to have a big family like this. In fact, I don't even think about the family I was born into unfortunately. They are all in the past and I never think of them. These people are my family and I couldn't ask for better ones. 

I had to run and grab the cake from the bakery after Thorne's wife asked me to go and pick it up since she had been running around trying to put together this party and to help keep her from stressing out, I offered to pick it up. 

Once I arrived with it and started carrying it over towards the table, when I got to her, I noticed Thorne quickly came and took it from me then carried it over towards the table alongside with the presents. 

I looked through the crowd of people here for Maynard and our daughter and saw him talking to a couple of the guys and their mates and was wondering where our daughter was. Then once I got closer, he turned around and there strapped in the front of him was our daughter with her head tilted to the side as she had fallen asleep while he continues bouncing her. 

"Baby, I think we should go and put her in her seat where her neck won't be in much pain when she wakes up." I tell him. 

"Is she asleep?" He asks then looks down at her and starts to take her out of the harness he has on him then hands her to me. 

I give him a quick kiss then place one on the top of her head as I walk over and gently place her in her car seat that's attached to the stroller and place the top cover of the stroller over her along with her blanket so that the sun doesn't get into her eyes, then I take a seat next to her on one of the benches and keep an eye on her. 

I smile as I look with admiration at our daughter. The most beautiful thing in the world that I have ever seen. I can't wait to see who she becomes. 

Next I soon feel somebody sit down and immediately know it's Maynard from his scent and of course his arm going over my shoulders before placing a kiss on my cheek. 

"She looks so much like you." He says. 

"Thank you. But she definitely looks a lot like you with her eyes being the same color and she has your smile for sure." I point out. 

He smiles at her then at me. 

"I love you, wifey." He says. 

"I love you too hubby." I reply. 

I'm glad that I never gave up in life. I'm glad that I kept going despite the hell I was going through and the hopeless moments that were occurring in my life. But I'm also very glad I had those moments because they have helped shape me into the person I am becoming and will be. The events also lead me to finding my mate and having our beautiful daughter. I guess there really is something to this whole 'life' thing after all.......Never give up! 

                                                                                The End