CHAPTER 8: Use To Our Advantage

MAYNARD

I had felt bad for scaring her as I really didn't mean to and cause her to spill her tea so I made her another cup then sat it down onto her night stand by her bed before grabbing my keys and leaving the house to get some air.

I decided to head down to one of the local pubs that's not too far away from the house and where of course only werewolves go to that I used to go to a lot but had stopped going as often lately. 

It's been several months since I've gone and right now I definitely feel I need a drink. After arriving and walking inside, right away people recognized me and greeted me who I haven't seen in a very long time. When I make my way up to the bar and realize the bartender remembers me as he slides a glass of the same drink I had always ordered and thank him before taking a drink from it. 

"Good to see you again." He tells me. 

"Yeah, I've been busy." I tell him as I take another sip. 

"You sure missed a lot of craziness." He laughs.

"Oh yeah?" I replied. 

"Yeah but I'm sure you've had enough of your own." He laughs. 

"I'll say." I tell him. 

"Here, drinks are on the house tonight and let me know if you need anything." He says as e slides over another glass he just recently poured before walking to the other end of the bat to take orders from others. 

Not a few moments later of me sitting here, did some girl wearing a tight short dress, while wearing also high heels and had short hair came and sat down next to me. 

"I haven't seen you around here before." She begins. 

"That's because I haven't been here for a long time." I tell her before downing the last of my drink and  starting on my second glass. 

"Can I buy you another drink?" She asks me. 

I look her up and down for a moment then down the last of my drink once again and take hold of her hand. 

"I've got a better idea." I tell her as we start heading out to my car. 

Next we begin heading back to the house and as we get out and start making our way towards the door, I remind her to be quiet as she giggles loudly and begins kissing me then nibbling on my neck a little bit. 

Once inside, I close my door with her against it and roughly smash my lips onto hers. She starts wrapping one of her legs around my waist as I kiss down her neck and she starts moaning. Then I hear her gasp in fright and then turn to see who she's looking at.....It's Thorne. 

"We need to talk." He says. 

"Tomorrow." I tell him. 

"No. NOW!" He says. 

"Fuck!" I say under my breath. What a clock blocker. 

Next I pull out some money and hand it to the girl whose name I never caught.

"You're joking, right?" She asks as she takes the money.

"Apparently it's important to be interrupting me so you should get going." I start to walk off and her her scoff as she angrily opens the front door and walks out while slamming the door behind her.

"Asshole!" I hear her say before the door slams shut.

I start walking towards the office and as soon as I get in, Thorne shuts the door.

"What the hell is so important you had to interrupt me?!" I asked.

"I have recently found out some information that I thought you should know." He begins.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like for instance, I have found out about who she is." He says.

"And who is that?" I asked.

"She is Alpha Hamilton Warden's mate." He says.

"WHAT?!" I growl loudly.

"Shh..." He says.

"What the hell did I tell her in the beginning if she were to stay here?! I specifically said that she is NOT to lie to us." I say frustrated.

"I know you're upset but I have a plan." He states.

"A plan? Like what? Force her to tell us?" I asked.

"No. We can use this to our advantage." He begins.

"How?" I asked before he started to explain how we can try to use this to possibly get information from her since she apparently ran away from him for some reason. So I'm sure that he would have to be wanting to look for her sooner or later.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)