CHAPTER 11: That's Not The Case

AUDRINA

Great! Just fucking great! I am now back to square one all over again as I run in through the woods and finally get off of Maynard's territory.

I can't stay here. I have to find a way to leave and then everyone can do what the hell ever they want with each other.

"It's going to be okay." My wolf, Athena tries to assure me.

"Please. Not now." I tell her.

I don't get too far into the woods until I start to smell a familiar scent and realize that I have somehow crossed over onto Hamilton's territory.

Shit, he will kill me for sure. His guys are coming, they have to be as I can hear several of them starting to run on all fours.

I try looking running off to the right in hopes that I can outrun them but I am stopped when I see several wolves come out of nowhere in front of me starting to growl.

"I didn't mean to come here. I'm leaving " I start saying with my hands up in front of me and beginning to back up slowly.

Then as soon as I turn around I hit someone and bounce back only to see that it's Hamilton's Beta, Jack.

"Well look who's here. Desperate much?" He smirks.

"Sorry Jack. I didn't pay attention and sorry I stumbled onto the territory." I began to apologize.

"Doesn't matter. We actually just got done having a chat with Hamilton and had sent us a couple hours ago to try and find you." He states.

"Why?" I asked fearfully.

"Because he has plans for you. He never wanted you to leave and felt he could keep you around." He stated.

"For what?" I asked.

"Let's go and see." He says.

I look around at the fact I am surrounded by a lot of his pack and know I have no fighting chance. Yet at the same time, my wolf takes over but keeps me in my human form but gives me the speed she has and we start darting off.

I hear in the distance growling along with some howling and can hear them getting closer.

I try and pray to whomever can hear me to help me from being caught. But I soon discover that I never had a chance as I am hit out of nowhere by somebody sticking their arm out in front of me, causing my neck to hit them and fall back while holding my throat and trying to catch my breath.

"Stupid bitch!" I then heard Jack say while panting as him and the others caught up.

Jack yanks me up by my arm and begins pulling me harshly as we start to make our way back towards the house.

The house I have always dreaded to see again with people living inside that I had hoped to have never seen again.

Once we arrived and made our way inside the place, I continued struggling to break free from Jack's tight grip on my arm but to no such luck.

Then we busted through the office doors where I saw my sister and Hamilton making out as she straddled his lap behind his desk.
They soon saw me and stopped.

"You found her." Hamilton says while fixing his hair.

"Yeah. Seems as though she accidentally stumbled upon our territory and I just so happened to run into her." Jack smiles.

"Good." Hamilton says. "Sweetie, why don't you go and leave us all to talk." He tells my sister, Lizbeth who gives him a goodbye kiss making sure I see it.

"Of course." She says before she then walks passed me with disgust.

I swear I want to rip her extensions right out of her fucking head.

"Sit." Hamilton orders me.

I don't move and Jack then pushed me forward and forces me down onto the chair while gripping the top of my shoulder.

"Why the hell do I have to be here? Didn't you have enough enjoyment in embarrassing me that day?" I asked.

"Please. We both knew it was the right thing to do. Sure I may have had a little pity but nothing too much. Besides, I found a use for you." He tells me.

"Well you can forget it." I tell him knowing that this confidence is coming from my wolf.

"Somebody got a little brave on her journey." He taunts. "Well, as much as I'd love to catch up, I will get right to the point. You will stay here and work for me by doing as you are told and you will cook as well as clean until I decide in a month or two what to do with you." He states.

"There's no way I'm doing that." I tell him.

"Oh yes you will. Otherwise, things will be very bad for you very quickly. Not to mention the fact that by doing this, the Wolf Council and others won't think less of you knowing that you made friends with werewolves." He grins.

"They aren't my friends. Besides, how did you know where I was?" I asked.

"Oh I have my ways. Now, about this position. You start tomorrow and again, you better do the right thing or else." He says.

Suddenly the real Audrina returns and I start to feel pain in my heart again.

"Why are you doing this? Why won't you just kill me and get it over with? That's what you really want to do." I tell him fighting back tears.

"I told you. I have good use for you and besides, my parents are gone for the next couple of months and you were a better cook I heard than anyone else, including your sister who told me how great you were at cooking."

"Unbelievable." I say to myself under my breath.

"And you will be monitored 24/7. So any funny business or trying anything, you will be shown far less mercy than the council. In fact, you already are going to be have less punishment then what they would have done to you finding out about your new friends." He grins in a sinister way knowing he has me.

I don't know what I did to deserve all this pain and horror in my life but I really am starting to think that this is a sign I must take as this is my fate I must accept.

I wasn't meant to have the happily ever after as some wolves do. I had hoped to never have been one that didn't get the chance to experience love and having a mate that loved me. But I guess that isn't the case.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)