CHAPTER 13: I Feel Safe Now

AUDRINA

It's amazing what a few days can do to someone. I can't explain what happened to me other than the fact my wolf and I decided last night that we were going to find a way out of here.

She gives me so much courage. I am lucky that I have her, otherwise I probably would be dead. However, I still fear the consequences if I am caught trying to leave.

Hamilton made it clear what he would do if I had tried. In fact he had a couple of his men stand watch and guarding my cell down in the basement as he had me chained  to a wall with shackles around my ankle along with a pair on my wrists that I wore every time I had to go upstairs to cook, clean or whatever he wanted me to do for him. 

Right now I was finishing up making dinner before I was escorted back down into the basement and chained for another cold sleepless night only to be awoken to another day of torture until I found a way to escape.

After placing the food onto the table for them all, two of the guards that were watching me, began escorting me towards the basement where as soon as they had locked me up, they went upstairs to eat with Hamilton and everyone as I stayed here trying to keep myself warm and fighting sleep.

I didn't like sleeping because I didn't trust what Hamilton and or what his guys would do while I was sleeping so I have tried taking shirt naps here and there. Plus, who's to say they'd even let me sleep?

Moments later I begin feeling my eyes become heavier and heavier until I eventually end up falling asleep. For how long I'm not entirely sure but my wolf and I seemed to feel more rested then we have in a while.

"Hey! Wake up!" I heard a male whisper yell while I felt him shaking my shoulder a little.

I slowly try and open my eyes as I am still feeling really tired and want to go back to sleep.

"What?" I asked irritated not caring if it was Hamilton or anyone.

The more I opened my eyes and saw who it was, I couldn't be happier than I am right now. The sad part was I didn't have much strength on top of not getting enough sleep as it is and now added was the fact that he fed me some 'oatmeal-looking-mush' or at least that's what I have come to call it.

I feel like jumping up in excitement but I don't have the strength so instead I try to use all the strength I have to sit up but immediately feel his arms come in and pick me up.

"I'm gonna get you out of here. Just hold on to me." He says quietly.

"You can't carry me, I'm too fat." I start to tell him.

"Shhh.....I'm strong enough, don't worry. But we have to hurry. One of the guys is a good friend of mine and likes me more than Hamilton. So he's on the look out for Hamilton and his guys." He says before he stands up and carries me bridal style up the stairs then he cautiously starts walking fast towards the back door and I suddenly hear him and the one guard's voice whisper-yelling at each other about something I can't seem to make out. Yet, I don't care-I'm too tired to care.

"Shit! He's coming. Hurry now. I will try and distract him." He states to Terrance.

"Thanks man. I owe you." He tells him then the next thing I heel is the cold wind on my face along with my arms and everything dangling as I go in and out of sleep.

Eventually, we come to a stop and I start to overhear a few more guys voices and instantly knew who they belonged to. So I force my eyes opened as I notice Terrance passes me over into the arms of Maynard.

"Please no." I began to cry a little from not just how tired I was feeling and weak but out of all the people he could give me to, why him? Whose side is he on?

"Shhh....It's going to be okay. We are going to take you to a safe place." Maynard gently tells me.

"I will be there in a little while, I need to tell something to Hamilton since he knows I was there. I need to hurry back so that he doesn't become suspicious and try to figure out a way to distract him from getting to your guys' scent." Terrance tells him.

Suddenly I feel us take off and I hate to admit it but I do feel warm and safe also in Maynard's arms.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while since I have posted but been busy with preparation for the Holidays along with dealing with some family things. But I am back now so have no fear. Also, I will be posting later another chapter to this story and 2 chapters for the other two stories I post for. Also, this Saturday, I will give you all a sneek peek to a couple of new stories. Until then, love you all, enjoy these and many more to come. :):)