CHAPTER 12: I Hope This Works!

MAYNARD

Why the hell can't we find her?! Why in the hell is it so damn difficult to sniff her scent?! Where the hell could she have gone off too?!

I have been going crazy as has Thorne and everyone after us not finding her moments after she left.

I wasn't going to give up though. It was in that moment that I said that and hurt her that I had felt more of an asshole than I have ever felt I think in my entire life. I can't believe Thorne and I were being assholes to her.

He's been beating himself up too a little everyday since she left and has been trying to do whatever he can to make sure that we find her as well.

Today was the day three since she has been gone and we have asked even other werewolves that are nearby if they have seen her but nothing.

"Maynard, you better get out here quick!" I hear Thorne yelling from out in the backyard.

I hurried out of my bedroom and outside to where I saw Thorne and a few others of my guys all standing around, looking at someone.

"Who are you?" I asked as I stood next to Thorne with my arms crossed over my chest.

"I'm Terrance-Hamilton's cousin. I'm sure that Audrina told you about me." He states.

"Not really. However, you have a lot of balls to trespass onto my territory." I point out.

"Yeah well, I thought you'd might want to know that Hamilton has Audrina. I overheard a couple of his guys last night talking at one of the pubs, that Hamilton has her at his place and is treating her like a servant." He mentions.

"What? Why did she go back?" I asked trying not to jump to conclusions again.

"She didn't. The bastard had his Beta and others from the pack, make sure she not only returned but....well, let's just say they know about how she stayed here with you and have tried getting information from her for the last few days." He says.

"Has she said anything?" I ask.

"I don't know. But what I do know is that she is a great person and would never snitch." He says.

We all stand there waiting for someone to say something but he breaks the silence.

"Anyways, I just thought you oughta know." He says before turning around and begins walking away.

"Wait!" I call out. "Can I ask you something?" I ask while walking up to him.

"Sure." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Is it true that you hate your cousin Hamilton and have an idea in how to take him down and destroy his reputation?"

"I do. But I'm not saying anything to you. This is between me and Audrina's revenge against him." He says.

I have to admit that I will give him props for standing up to me like this. But I do need his help in getting her back as well.

"Look, I respect you helping her out and everything. And I know I fucked up in causing her to run away. But can you please help me get her out of there? Even if she doesn't want to stay here afterwards, I just want to make sure she's okay." I tell him.

I can feel the stares of confusion from all the guys behind me but I don't care. They can think what they want. I am doing this not on the account that I like her or anything. This is more just making things right and apologizing for how Thorne and I treated her that day she left.

He looks at me for a few moments with uncertainty but then shakes his head and decides to help me out.

"Alright. I'll help you." He tells me. "But just so you know, I am only doing this for her sake."

"Understood." I nod in agreement before we shake hands on it.

He begins going over a plan before I inform a few of my men before we leave and head towards Hamilton's house.

I hope this works......

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)