CHAPTER 10: Few Days Later

MAYNARD

It's been a few days now since Thorne had gone over the plan in what to do about the situation with Audrina and it's honestly been really hard not to say something to her.

However, although it's only been a few days, today I started to think about a few things with Audrina and this her being Hamilton's mate thing.

She has now been here for a few weeks almost now and there has been no trace of him nor any of his people attempting to come onto our territory.

Something isn't adding up with her and I think it's best if we get to the bottom of all this the sooner the better.

So I begin storming out the office and go into the living room where Audrina and Thorne are apparently arguing?

"What the hell is going on here?!" I yelled.

They stop and look at me.

"Tell him or I will." Thorne says through clenched teeth as he scowls at Audrina.

"It's really nothing." She says as she snaps her head back at Thorne glaring at him.

"Bullshit!" He fires back at her and then looks at me. "She has been talking to Terrance-Hamilton's cousin." He tells me.

"What did I tell you about lying to any one of us?!" I scowled at her while trying to keep myself from throwing my fists through a wall.

"It's not a big deal." She says.

"You have one minute to explain otherwise so help me." I threaten.

I start seeing her tear up but don't care. She knew the rules.

"This is ridiculous. I didn't ask for him to find me. I was letting my wolf go for a run and while on my way back I ran into him. I hadn't seen him in months. Don't worry he won't say anything. Not that it would matter." She mumbles the last part.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I said that it wouldn't matter anyways. Look, I'm leaving. So you won't have to worry about Hamilton coming after you or anything." She says.

"And what makes you think that he won't?" I asked curious.

"Because in case you haven't noticed, him nor my family or anyone has come looking for me yet." She states.

"I think you're bullshitting me. You are hiding something and I gave you a chance to explain. Even confess that you are MATES with that Hamilton prick." I began.

"You knew?" She asks.

"I did but that doesn't matter. You never confessed." I snap back at her.

"What are you talking about? Besides if you knew then why....Oh. I get it." She begins to say.

"Get what?" I asked annoyed.

"You found out who I was mates with and thought if you kept me around long enough that you'd get some dirt on him or even use me as bait huh? Wow. I should have expected it I guess from the big asshole Werewolf Maynard." She glares at me.

"Excuse me?! No, you don't get to blame anyone else other than yourself sweetheart. You kept it from us after agreeing to not keep things from any of us." I remind her.

"Well you're wrong. And you want to know why I know Terrance won't say shit?! It's because he hates his cousin and would love nothing more than to torture him himself and actually has a good idea in how to destroy Hamilton. He was asking for my help because I too despise Hamilton and my family." She begins while fighting back tears.

"Wow. Never heard of a female rejecting her own mate before." I chuckle as does Thorne as she shocks the hell out of the both of us when she slaps me really hard.

"Not that it's any of your damn business but I didn't reject him. He rejected me and instead asked my sister to be his mate in front of everyone including his family and mine. They were all so happy about the news that I just left and ran away into the woods. So believe me when I say that nobody is coming." She says.

We stood there shocked still and heard a few sniffles from her but then she said something else.

"Now since nothing here is mine, I am leaving right now so you guys don't have to worry." She says while avoiding eye contact.

Thorne and I begin looking at each other and both can tell that we feel like a couple of assholes.

By the time him and I come back to the moment, we notice she has already left out through the woods in the back of our house.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)