CHAPTER 17: Another Side To Him

AUDRINA

I seriously don't know what his problem is but whatever, I don't have time to think about him or anything like that. Right now, I need to go upstairs and pack. 

I really didn't have much to pack and neither did anyone else really but they all had to still do their jobs so I stayed here in the house by myself other than Reece and Norm who were watching me but they went to bed already and since I wasn't able to sleep, I headed downstairs and made myself something to eat and got a drink before I sat on the couch and looked for something to watch. 

I couldn't get it out of my head all day that we had almost kissed before he stopped himself. Not that it should really bother me or anything, we both are very different from each other and I clearly am not his type. Still, the thought of being rejected yet again by a guy hurts. 

I had found a movie and started watching it forgetting that Maynard hadn't even come home yet until I suddenly heard the front door open up and he walked inside, locking the door behind him. 

I continue watching TV and ignore his presence as I hear him put his keys onto the kitchen counter, then walks into the kitchen to grab a drink and seems to be drinking some water while looking at me. At least that's what I noticed him doing out the corner of my eye. 

"What?" I finally snapped at him. 

"Nothing." He says before taking another drink. 

"Then can you please stop staring at me?" I asked nicely yet also sounding a little irritated because I was. 

"I can do what I want." He smirks as he continues glaring at me. 

"Whatever. I'm going to bed and am not interested in playing this game of yours." I tell him while I get up and walk past him to place my plate and cup in the sink before saying 'goodnight' under my breath as I walk past him towards my room upstairs. 

"And what game is it you think I'm playing?" He asks all smug. 

"Please. I'm too tired." I tell him. 

"No tell me. I'm interested in what this so called game is that you think I'm playing with you. At no point have I ever indicated anything more than an understanding between us." He tells me with his arms crossed over his chest. 

"Are you drunk or something? Why are you acting so different?" I ask. 

"I'm not drunk first of all and I'm not acting any different than normal." He says. 

"Bullshit! How can you seriously forget about what almost happened earlier today with us and denying what you really feel?" I finally ask. 

"Pff. Because it was nothing. Why do you women take things so seriously and literal? You all seem to create these fantasies in your heads until you eventually convince yourselves that something happened or almost did when that couldn't be farther from the truth?!" He scoffs before walking past me on the stairs and walks up towards his room. 

"Well if you guys would stop PRETENDING you didn't put those thoughts in our heads with your gestures and denying your feelings so badly that you just end up denying you did anything wrong, maybe us 'girls' wouldn't take things so literal." I tell him.

I felt good and like I was going to win this argument but even I have to admit that I don't understand what I even had just said towards the end there. 

He looks at me with a cocked eyebrow as if he was saying 'that made no sense.' Whatever, I'm not going to allow him to see me upset and irritated that he's made me just now. I swear, whenever men say that women are complicated and that men are more simple, I'm gonna scream. 

I start walking towards my bedroom and right before I reach for the door knob, I feel him grab my hand and turn me around to look at him as he pushes me up against the wall and smashes his lips onto mine. 

At first of course, I am surprised but soon after my wolf and I just give in and I begin kissing him back as we place our arms around one another. Then once we pulled our heads apart a little bit to catch our breaths, he placed one of his hands on the wall beside my head and looked into my eyes. 

"I'm sorry." He says. 

"I'm not." I reply feeling a little bit hurt. 

"No. Not about the kiss. About earlier not kissing you. I've wanted you since the first day I laid my eyes on you." He confesses. 

"Okay, that's not true." I tell him while rolling my eyes.

"I swear." He says. "I didn't want to give you false hopes or anything so I kept my distance because we are after all supposed to be enemies. Not to mention, you were Hamilton's previous ex-mate. I'm new to all of this and have never wanted to be with anyone like this before." He tells me. 

What is happening right now? He must be drunk to be talking to me like this. He couldn't have liked me that first day. There's no way. 

We stand there for a moment just looking at one another not saying a word and for the first time, I didn't feel weird or uncomfortable with him. Instead, I felt like he was telling me the truth and being genuine.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)