Chapter 2: What Else Could I Have Done?

Logan's POV

"Virgil, tell me what's wrong. Now." I said. Virgil didn't respond. He just sank back into the corner of his room and started breathing heavily. Knowing this information, I came to the conclusion that he was having a panic attack. He closed his eyes and buried his head in his knees. He started to scream words I couldn't hear.

And to think I could have come in here sooner. This is all your fault, Logan.

Flashback to 5 minutes ago------------------------------

"Logan," Patton asked me, "Where's Virgil?"

"I don't know, Patton.  Should I go check on him?"

"NO! You need sleep! When was the last time you slept?"

"Patton, I took a 2 minute nap just now."

"You know," interrupted Roman, "You texted me the same thing.. at 3 am. You need a nap, dude."

And with that, Roman pushed me on the couch. So what did I do? What any sane person would do. I fell asleep.

End of Flashback-------------------------------------------

"I...Logan.... just..." Virgil managed to get out. He then wiped the sweat off his face and continued to shiver on the floor, despite being in a hoodie.

I was running out of options. I was.. what's the emotion? Worried. I was worried about Virgil. But I didn't know how to help him.

So what did I do?

What any sane person would do.

I put my arm around his shoulders, and began to sing.