Chapter 11: Why Does Logan Hate Me?

Roman's POV

TW: Swearing

I ended up spending the night... Not sleeping. What else was I supposed to do?

You were supposed to sleep, Roman.

I know, me.

But I don't care.

I had to drag myself to breakfast. I put on my best theater smile, and reviewed my matra:

All it is is acting. Acting is easy.

Don't get Patton worried.

"Hello Padre! What is on the menu for this evening?" I asked loudly.

"Princey, for the like, 500th time ever, it's the morning, idiot." Virgil responded.

"I made pancakes!" yelled Patton.

"Again, Pat?" Virgil said.

"Yes, again! Plus, it's the one thing I can make without burning."

"Fair point."

I looked around the table. For a moment, I thought Logan wasn't here, because usually he would have been the one to correct me on the fact that it's the morning.

He was sitting there silently, glaring daggers at me. Like, literally. I thought his glare was going stab me.

"Logan, you okay? Did someone tell you Pluto isn't a planet again?" I asked.

Logan's eyes darkened. "You're one of the very few people who has ever said to me that it wasn't. And to assholes like you, I say, 'Viva la Pluto, Fuck you!' "

Patton looked as though he were about to choke on his food. "Logan, language!"

Logan kept his eyes on me, but responded to Patton, "English."

At that point I just lost it.

"Logan, why do hate me all of the sudden?"

Logan bit his bottom lip. "I don't hate you, Princey. That would imply that I feel a negative emotion towards you, when I feel no emotion whatsoever."

"Oh, Okay. That's a relief."

That was not relieving at all. At least, not in my mind.

Nobody likes you. You're just an ignorant, egotistical asshole. You ruin everything for everyone.

Ugh, whatever. It's just the regular thoughts.

Everyone hates you.

Deceit hates you.

Hold up.

What the hell, me?!

You could call me overdramatic, you can say it was stupid.

But I slammed my hands on the table and ran.

Everyone hate me.

Deceit hates me.