Chapter 22: Would He Ever Understand?

Virgil's POV

I continued to stand in the imagination long after Princey left. The air was cold as the sun set. I had probably been standing there for hours, but I didn't care. 

It was right after the sun set that I saw Logan rushing back to his room.

Of course, I saw him enter the imagination about half an hour earlier, but something in my head told me to avoid him. I don't know why. Oh wait, I do. I just feel like an awkward idiot after finding him in his room.. like that. I mean, didn't we almost kiss? Or maybe I'm just being hopeful.

Wait...

Why am I hopeful?

Anyway, back to Logan. He looked lost in thought, and also looked.. guilty? But he was the logical side. Logic doesn't have any emotions. I know this.

He wrapped his arms around himself. He was shivering. He was cold.

What I did next was incredibly impulsive.

I ran up to him and threw my jacket on his shoulders.

¨Oh, Virgil! Why are you in the imagination at this time of night? And uh, why did you give me your jacket?¨

¨You seemed cold.¨ I responded, ¨And um, I can deal with cold. But you clearly can't.¨

Jerk move, Virge. Jerk move.

But Logan laughed slightly and put my jacket on himself properly. It was a little small on him, but he seemed happy. But only for a moment, before his face became stern again.

¨Thank you, Virgil. I will return your jacket to you tomorrow.¨

And with that, Logan walked off.

I continued to think about, well, what I was thinking about before. Logan.

I just wanted to know if he would ever understand how I felt about him.

No, I told myself as I walked back to my room.

How could he possibly understand how you feel if you don't even understand how you feel?