Chapter 6: Why did Virgil Start a Fight?

Roman's POV

Prepare to possibly be triggered!

As I ran to the imagination, tears started to form in my eyes. But there was no chance that they would exit my eyes.

And as soon as I thought that, I started sobbing.

I sat down under a tree of yellow and red flowers, and leaned my head back.

¨Hello Roman.¨

¨Please go away,¨ I sighed, ¨I don't wanna talk about it..¨

¨Yes you do. Please don't lie to me.¨

¨STOP TELLING THE TRUTH!! YOU'RE GONNA HURT YOURSELF!¨ I yelled.

Deceit straightened his bowler hat, ¨Roman, telling the truth doesn't hurt me, it merely makes me incredibly tired.¨

"We both know that's not true." I said.

"So you want me to tell you the truth?"

"NO!!"

"Okay, Fine."

Deceit looked up into the imagination's sky. "It's awful weather now," he said, gesturing at the clear sky, "I would totally hate going on an evening stroll with you, because talking to someone would damage your mental health."

"Alright fine. But if we encounter a dragon-witch on the way, I'm feeding you to it."

Timeskip 30 minutes

I opened the door to the Reunion Room. This is where Remus and I would try to get along, and at least pretend to be a normal pair of siblings.

"Hello Remus," I said, then looked at the closet, "and hello, Tamsin."

Tamsin's my favorite human. She's also my dog, but that's besides the point! I love her. She jumped outta the closet and licked my face.

"So... Big Bro.." Said Remus, "I set a timer for 20 minutes. After that, we can go back to our usual."

"The constant hatred and arguing?"

"Yup!"

"Alright, start the timer."

"So, what did you do after breakfast?"

I looked down. There was no way in hell I was gonna tell him. So, I did what I do best.

Improv.

"Are you wearing fishnets right now?" I asked.

"Okay. One) When am I not? and Two) You're avoiding the question! What. Were. You. Doing!?"

He got up in my face. He might be younger than me, but he is taller, and yes, fine. Maybe I am a little creeped out by him.

"We still have 17 minutes of getting along to do." I reminded him.

"Ugh, fine! Don't answer!"

Timeskip 17 minutes

"Later, Loser!" Remus yelled as he slammed the door.

God, pretending to get along is really tiring. I pulled myself onto the couch, and began to think about the regrets I had from this morning. I shouldn't have insulted Virgil, but it wasn't my fault.

Right?

It wasn't long before I drifted into sleep.

(In Roman's Dream)

"Deceit? Why am I locked in here?" I choked.

"You don't remember..."

"WHAT HAPPENED!?"

"Remus locked you in here. To stop you. From stopping him."

"From doing what?"

He lit a candle and gave it to me. I freed my legs from the ropes they were tied in, and walked around in horror.

Here lies: Patton Morality Sanders

No.

Here lies: Virgil Anxiety Sanders

Help.

Here lies: Logan Logic Sanders

Please..

Here lies: Remus Creativity, Duke of the Imagination

"PLEASE HELP ME!!" I started to cry. Why would he do this? What exactly did he do?

Deceit responded to my thoughts, "He killed.. Everyone. And when that wasn't enough.. He ended his own life. He didn't want you to stop him, he thought that by ending his own life, he was righting a wrong. Saving you from-"

He abruptly stopped talking. His mouth started to bleed. He collapsed on the floor, as if he was hit with the sectumsemphra curse from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Cuts appeared all over his body, and slowly his breathing stopped. 

"WHY!?!?! WHY MY BROTHER, MY BEST FRIENDS, AND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!??!"

Wait, what?

The love of my life?

Forget it, everyone I care about is dead. There's no point in it anymore.

I grabbed the ropes that once held me back from my brother, to use them to be with him again.

Then I woke up.

And cried.