Chapter 18: Will You Do It?

Logan's POV

"Oh, but Logan, I'm worried!" Patton yelled. "Do you feel cold? Hot? Tired? Hungry?-"

"Smothered. I feel smothered." I responded. Though Patton did have reason to do that, I don't really appreciate it. At all.

Well, maybe he doesn't appreciate you bleeding out in your bedroom!

I doubt anyone does.

"Patton, I really think I just need to rest. Alone." I said.

"NO! I leave you alone and look what happens! If you're going to go rest, you're bringing someone with you! VIRGIL!"

"What do you need, Dad?" Virgil asked.  He looked over at me. I could tell something was going through his head. "Actually, Pat, I really need to go. I uh... promised Princey I'd help him with... uh, creative stuff."

"You did?" Roman asked.

"Yes I did. Now can we go? Please?"

"Uhhh.... okay?" 

And Roman and Virgil had left the room.

"Well, kiddo, as much as I wanna help you, Thomas and I were gonna be productive and cook today." Patton said to me, "But uh.. Deceit can go with you!"

"WHAT!?"  Deceit and I said in unison.

"You want us to trust you, right?" Patton asked. I couldn't tell if he was talking to me or Deceit.

Neither of us answered.

"Well, if you do, then this is your chance to prove it."

"Fine." Deceit answered. We walked quickly to my room.

I sat in the indigo beanbag chair in the corner of my room and thought about what had unfolded. Does Virgil hate me? Enough to leave me with Deceit?

I tried to perish the thought.

And Patton... I understand his concerned but.... I wish he didn't know....

An idea had struck me. 

"Deceit, I'm am aware of the fact that you can manipulate people's thoughts."

"How did you-?"

"Nevermind that. Something I know specifically is that you can remove people's thoughts, like... a lie of omission for the mind, so to speak."

"So?"

"Will you do it for Patton!?" I asked quickly. "I'm just.. not comfortable with him knowing. Surely you understand."

Silence.

"Well, Deceit!? Will you do it!?"

Silence.

"No."