On My Knees, With a Ring (🥰)

Y/N's POV

It's been a hard few days. I've now fully recovered but I dont feel like myself, not without Chase. Harley comes to pick me up and I'm enthusiastic about it, I just wish Chase was here to see me recover.

Now I was going to head back to the US for my practice. I wasn't going to give up on dancing but Gigi and Lucas are taking a stop at Miami to sort things out with the concert incident in Sydney. I was going to be all alone in the studio with just my special instructor.

I'm handed my boarding pass from the hospital since Frankie drooped it off earlier. I take a glance at the boarding pass and I read the date.. today? I have to leave today??

"Something wrong?" Harley asks gently, holding my hand.

"I'm leaving today.." I twirl his hand around so wrap around me. He wraps both hands around my, my back pressed against him.

"You come then you go. How would I ever get a moment to just breath with you." His words like thick.

"We can never, not until we get ourselves sorted. I so desperately want to stay. Ever since Chase's death, I need to be around someone. I don't feel as secure as I did with him around. The only person that can help me cope with this feeling is you. And I can't even have that."

"We will see each other again, we always do. No matter what comes your way, I'll be here Sweetheart. Trust me, I understand." He kisses behind my ear before walking us to the exit of the hospital.

FAST FOWARD (May 16, 2020— July 24, 2021) Harley's POV

It's been a year now since Chase's death and the shooting. Y/N is now fully recovered.. both of us are 19 now.. it's been two years of dating and I'm genuinely enjoying life. I've kept the box that Chase gave us oh so long ago. I know he's watching over us, he will help guide me.

Guide me to a proposal. I want her in my life forever. I want to share holidays with her. I want to go on vacations with her. I want to have dinner dates. I want to wake up with her. I want to share kids with her. I want to make Christmas cookies with our kids. Fuck, I want this but can I pull it off?

I'm already in New York for this years World Cup. There wasn't one in 2020 since they didn't want it to be every year. But I'm sitting in the same hotel as last time admiring the ring I bought for her. Obviously I didn't use the check Chase gave me. I donated it awhile ago to a fostered children charity since I wanted it to be special. I wanted to make a commitment to spend so much on her. I want to spoil her, in my eyes she deserves the world.

Which is why I bought this ring. 1 1/2 cut carat diamond ring, with a Aquamarine stone representing March for my birthday and a Emerald for her birthstone. The Emerald and the Aquamarine on each side, connected by a silver ring band encrusted with smaller diamonds. Even if the ring was a absolute fortune, it was worth it if I wanted to spoil her.

She honestly deserved it, me and Y/N didn't grow up with a lot. It's a symbol of the relationship and the wealth we both accumulated over the years of hard work.

I slip it back in the box, locking it in the safe for safe keeping. But she's going to be sharing a room with me though. I take it back out and head downstairs to the front desk.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?"

"Hello, could you put this in the safe?"

"Sir, there's a safe in your room." The lady looks at me, confused if this was my first time in a hotel.

"Ma'am, my girlfriend is staying with me. I'm proposing to her with this ring." I take the ring out, opening the box. The lady gapes at it, shocked. "So please? It's too valuable."