m e e t i n g. h i m.

"Alright guys we have to act as if we're not literally hyped on sugar right now from those cookies which were on the table..."
Baekhyun voices to the group after taking the last cookie on the plate in the middle of the long rectangular table.

They'd been warned a month in advance that they'd be getting a new member and since then they were excited they'd been hyping up the arrival of the new member. Today was the day they were going to meet him.

"Ok, his name is Lee Lin and he is 20 years old, born on 7th of July 1999. He will be part of the vocal line and visual line, any questions?"
Their manager said reading from the boy's profile before looking up to see the excited boy group.

"How well can he speak Korean?"
Kai asked genuinely wondering.
"He's pretty good considering he speak, Cantonese and Korean..."
"Finally, another Cantonese brother..."
Lucas said holding his hand to his chest as he wiped the imaginary tears from his eyes.

Static and then a muffled voice came from the walkie-talkie the manager was holding and everyone went silent.
"Ok, he's apparently downstairs just coming up right now..."
The manager passed on the message nervous and yet excited at the same time. He'd met the boy before and seen how nice he could be, he was a cheery boy but wouldn't speak out whenever something was wrong and deal with it by himself, the others also had a tendency of doing that but the poor boy always managed to get himself into uncomfortable situations he couldn't get out of because he couldn't seem to speak up.

"What do you think he'll be like...?"
Ten whispered to Lucas in English as he swung one leg over the other and held his chin between his thumb and index finger as if he were thinking.
"Cute or handsome, it has to be one of the two at least..."
He responded confidently as he took the same stance as the younger next to him.

They all waited in silence, most of them spacing out or fidgeting when suddenly they heard a knock from the door, alerting the boys.
"He's here..."
Taeyong whispered to himself smiling thinking of the fun times and memories he was gonna have either the new guy.
"Remember guys, don't bombard him and only one person may speak at a time..."
Their manager said opening the door.

The young boy wore a plain white shirt paired with a vintage red jacket and a white washed pair of blue denim jeans. The trousers were rolled up a bit showing his black and yellow bee-like socks and white and black patterned shoes.

 The trousers were rolled up a bit showing his black and yellow bee-like socks and white and black patterned shoes

(Honestly the clothes can b whatever u want, but this is what I imagine he'd wear)

"Hello, my name is Lee Lin, my stage name will be Yan, I am half-Chinese half-Scottish and I am 20 years old."
His voice wasn't too high nor too low but a smooth honey-like fluency, tone and pitch.

"He's definitely handsome..."
Lucas said staring at the boy standing at the door.
"I got that right..."
Ten said doing the same thing.

"Ok, I'll leave you boys to it... I'll be outside if you need or have any questions about your schedule."
The manager said the last part directly to lIn before he smiled and walked out.

It was silent until he spoke...
"Um... hi."

That's where everyone went bombarding him with questions.
"Where were you born?"
"How many languages can you speak?"
"How long have you been a trainee?"
"Where did you grow up?"
"How are you so good at Korean?"
"Do you like dancing?"
"Do you like singing?"

"Guys, I think we should ask one at a time."
Baekyun suddenly emerged amongst the chaos to say, making everyone gradually silent. Now everyone was sitting down.

"Ok, Ten first."
Baekhyun said, finding a more civilised way to include all the members in asking their new member questions.
"Do you know mandarin?"
Ten asked, diving straight into using mandarin.
"Only a bit, enough to have a conversation like this..."
Lin replied to Ten's surprise and natural live for the cute boy in front of him.

"Ok, Lucas next."
"Where did you grow up?"
Lucas asked in Cantonese to the boy's delight and comfort.
"I grew up in Hong Kong for around 5 years until I moved to the Guangdong province."
The boy responded in Cantonese, ending in Lucas also loving the boy in front of him and subconsciously claiming the boy as his metaphorical son.

"Taeyong."
"Sorry I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese, but what's your favourite food?"
"Ummm... strawberry macaroons."
There was a mutual understanding of good food between the two as they knew that they have similar tastes instantly making them mutual friends.

"Mark..."
"Do you know any English?"
He asked full of curiosity.
"A-a bit..."
He said with a heavy accent making everyone giggle giving the timid boy a slight smile.
(Bold- English)

"Kai..."
"What's one of your favourite movie series?"
"Pirates of the Caribbean..."
"Same here..."
Making both parties smile.

"Taemin..."
"Do you like dancing?"
"Of course, I was going to be part of the performance line until I hurt leg a few weeks ago."
He slightly smiled scratching the back of his head, gaining a sympathetic look form his audience.

"And best for last me..."
Making his members laugh.
"Do you know who you're gonna be with?"
"Not currently, I've heard they're going to house me in the 127 dorms though."
Mark and Taeyong looking at each other and silently screaming 'hell yes!' In victory.

"Ok boy's that enough time for introductions, we'll house you in the 127 dorms and call it a day. If you just follow Mark and Taeyong tomorrow we'll get you your timetable in the morning."
The manager said as he handed each member their new timetables, to get a collective 'hmm' from the members as they looked at it, nor disappointed nor happy about it. The new timetable includes a lot overseas which was really the problem, they were going to have to work hella hard for this launch. They couldn't mess up.

"Ok see you boys tomorrow."
Their manager said getting up and shaking all their hands or hugging them before smiling and leaving.

"I'll order Kai, Baekhyun and myself an Uber since our dorms are close."
Taemin offered, to which Baekyun and Kai looked at each other and thought 'well, it's technically not my money and free.'

"Ok, we can just walk to our dorms from here they're also quite close but closer if you know what I mean..."
Mark said earning a laugh from the members from how he switched from Korean to English fluently and easily.

"Looks like we got Mr Worldwide here..."
Baekyun said earning more of a laugh from the room.

On the way back all the members talked especially Lucas and Lin with Lucas asking many question initially making Lucas his closest friend in the group.

For now...