a u t o m a t a n o p h o b i a.

WARNING: may be sensitive to those with a fear of human-like objects
Autonomatanophobia; (noun)
The fear of death human-like objects (for example, wax-figures, human-like robots, dolls, etc)
—————

They were at a fan sign when it happened.

"We will now start accepting gifts guys."
Ten said receiving a laugh and cheer form the audience.
"I don't think we're allowed to say that."
Lin said into the mix with a soft voice.
"Pshhh, I have freedom of speech."
Ten happily replied, therefore starting the fan meet officially.

So many people asked for his signature as they went by, commenting on how cute or handsome he was. Also attracting the attention of Mark from beside him once, making the older say 'you should see him, he's quite the lady-killer or should I say mankiller..." reviving a playful hit from the younger as well as a small laugh. Also leaving the fan confused.

The fan which came up to him to give him a gift, had good intentions but no one really knew about his fear, including the other members.The fan which came up to him was quite young, she looked around his age, she came up to him smiling and almost crying.
"Awww, please don't cry..."
He said quite quietly as he went to gently pry the girl's hands form her face so he could get a better look at her.
"So, what's your name?"
"Minyoung..."
The girl said, shy in front of her idol, coincidently her bias of the group.

"That's a pretty name..."
He said smiling as he wrote a small and yet sweet message to her in the album before signing it and looking back at the blushing girl.
"I have a present for you actually..."
The girl said smiling as she dug through her bag, pulling out a cute little doll with big brown eyes, extremely similar to his. Too similar...

"Please keep moving along!"
Their manager said, knowing that they didn't have much time here before they had to catch a plane.
"Bye..."
"Goodbye..."
She said moving on to Mark next to him.

Kai didn't have anyone at the time due to a fault in the timings, but it wasn't really a bad thing. Lin stared at the doll for a second before turning away and resting his head on the older's shoulder looking at the poster of them.

"Can you take the doll off the table, Hyung?"
Lin said not looking at Kai as he held onto Kai's quite muscular arm with both his arms, pulling him in closer.
"What, this little thing?"
Kai said to the boy, picking up and examining the doll.
"He has big bright brown eyes like you though..."
Kai thought out loud gaining a shaky response.
"Please, hung..."
He said his voice cracking, making Kai concerned.

He handed the small doll to one of the security guards before turning his head back to see Lin silently crying into the his shoulder, as if he were in pain. Kai called over their manager, gaining approval to step outside for a second.
Kai soon after took Lin's hand quickly walking out the room, covering his brother's face with his arm and jacket.

They stood just outside the hall near to the door, the hallway was empty. Kai looked at the distressed form of Lin, his breathes fast and vicious as hot tears streamed down his chubby cheeks.
"You were scared weren't you?"
Kai said taking the boy's cheeks into his hands making Lin look at him, gaining a small and subtle nod before the smaller ducked his head down once again.
"It's okay I'm here now, you're safe, they can't hurt you..."
He reassured the crying boy, pulling the smaller into his chest, before whispering sweet nothings into his ear about how he'll be safe and protected when any of the members are around, and that he didn't have to worry.