f l u f f y.

(Sorry this ones gonna be short cuz my attention span is as long as my legs, I'm a 5,2ft guy :( my asian genes really be hitting hard)

He'd been staring at the same black and white kitten for around 10 minutes now.

They were doing a small shoot where he volunteered for an animal shelter. Despite the fact he was there to film and promote his solo album he was easily excited for this. He'd decided when he was younger that if he didn't manage to become an idol he'd want to become a vet and nearly went to veterinarian school until he got accepted by SM.

He smiled holding the small sign promoting the small animal, happy to have helped even if it were for one day, thanking the owner a ton after the photo. So much so that Joongi had to stop him and guide him away so he could discuss how much they would be able to donate.

When Joongi was pushed aside the writers called him over and started to ask him questions.
"What was your favourite animal of the day?"
"I loved all of them but I would have to go with the cats, they were chill."
"If you could get a pet what would it be?"
"Probably a... lemme get back to you on that one..."

"Hey, Lin, did you want to say anything to the owner before we leave?"
Joongi said throwing his arm over the younger's shoulders as he smiled at Lin.
"Yeah... can I look at the cats again?"

And that's how he ended up in a staring competition with a kitten. It was quite big and in its late kitten years nether the less could probably be picked up with only one hand. It's fur seemed as soft as his, and it's eyes were a piercing shade of blue that put Lin on edge but in a nice way.
"Can I get this guy?"
"Yeah, she's actually..."
The owner carried on while Lin just listened and smiled at the kitten through the glass.
—————

"You do know you live in a dorm with other 5 more people?"
Joongi said to the giddy Lin in the back of the van clutching a small cat transporter cage in his lap. While they were there Lin picked out some stuff for the little fur-ball; a navy blue blanket, a small silver collar with his phone number and address in a small capsule on it, a small silver food bowl along with a matching water one, kitten food and some toys along with furry grey kitten bed.
"And?"
Lin said earning a sigh from the elder, knowing he won't be able to win this battle.