o n. s t a g e.

There are many moments that Lin had that either confused the audience or made them love him more than they already did.

Mic malfunctions

It was while they were performing 2Fast, his mic had been acting up and seemed way too sensitive so he often kept it away from his mouth to avoid the ear piercing screech it would let out. It could've also been due to the fact Lin behind stage was swinging it around out of boredom while waiting.
During the small intervals, staff tried to fix it for the 5 seconds they were off stage while changing outfits but they'd be out too soon for the mic to be fully fixed or replaced resulting in one of the most iconic SuperM moments in history.

When it came to Lin's part the mic screeched then suddenly cut out along with the music. The staff must've been trying to fix his mic from behind stage and ended up cutting out the music as well as everyone else's mics. The boy's were confused at first and stopped for a good second before carrying on with the song.
People front he back may have had a hard time hearing it but the boys shouted and sang as loud as they could, with the rappers shouting their lyrics and the singers almost screaming their lyrics, ending up with a beautifully chaotic iconic moment.

SM later has to release a statement apologising about the malfunction in their performance of 2Fast, saying there was a malfunction and that staff managed to handle it well. Though all the SuperM members knew it was Lin's fault.

Fireworks

During one of their performances they usually had fireworks at the front of the stage going off every now and then. This time the stage was quite narrow, from the front it looked huge but from the side looked as if it were on the very edge of a cliff, or that's what it felt like for the group.
While they were dancing they were required to go quite close to the edge, the staff, specifically Lin's manager, had told them to try their best to stay away from the edge, getting a rebellious response form Lin with him saying 'I'll do what I want.'
Though Lin clearly couldn't handle his rebellious spirit.
During his part in No manners the fireworks were set up to go off just at the end of his part, he ended up going too close to the edge and got scraped by one of the fireworks in the process. Lin soon made his way back stage while everyone carried on dancing, clearly concerned for the boy eventually sending Taemin into mum mode ending up with both of them backstage.
Lin hadn't got much damage except for a medium sized shallow scratch with a bit of blood on his right cheek and obviously the loss of breathe and movement from pure shock. SuperM, more specifically Lin, later posted on the official account that he was ok and would be wary of the edge of the stage next time and that it wasn't the staffs fault, with Joongi quietly saying in the background saying 'I'm not gonna say it... but I told you so'.

Slip'n'stage

This time the stage was extremely slippery and allowed no room for the grip of their shoes to actually work. They were notified about this with the staff doing as much as they could to reduce the slipperiness of the stage before performing. They also warned the meme era about this telling them to be careful of their steps and tell them if they couldn't dance due to safety issues, in which case the team had a Plan B which would be them signing and standing or walking around the stage, though they were all determined to dance.
During their performance of 2Fast Lin ended up slipping towards the end and luckily landing on his hands, blowing it off as a small short push up session before quickly getting back to dance. An iconic moment caught among the fans, untouched by many as he was behind the other members at the time.

Though when they had around 45 minutes for a small talk they decided to have a competition to see who could slide the furthest across the stage bit in the middle. Though Taemin and Baekyun decided to step out this one and be very critical judges.

Taeyong went first, getting quite far due to his non-grip shoes as he slid on them relying on his excellent balance though he ended up slipping and ended up on the floor, nearly tripping over while getting up though—fancams were thriving while the staff backstage were panicking, with Joongi regretting his life decisions. His is elegant slide was given a 7.456/10.

Kai went next saying 'I'm kinda glad I'm not wearing a crop top right now', as he slid down the stage in his stomach making a pencil shape, as if he were an Olympic swimmer, though he wasn't able to get anywhere accept his shoe went flying rivalling Taeyong's distance covered, they ended up using Kai's right shoe as the marker and distance for him. In the end his performance was given an A for Average.

Ten went after sliding down on his shoes then falling back before getting up and realising he'd ripped his lovely leather jacket sending the stylists silently screaming from behind the scenes.

Mark slipped as he was about to slide as his shoes had too much grip and ended up hurting his ankle but not too bad, luckily leaving just a scratch, gaining a 9 for participation.

Lucas ended up going second to last relying more in his non-grip shoes and his horrible balance so when he slid he surprisingly got around as far as Taeyong's maybe even more, though he stumbled at the end, his performance gaining a 9.99, Baekyun not giving him that 0.1 just because he didn't fully trip.

And lastly Lin. He was hesitant at first since slipping off the stage and getting majorly injured were at stake but it was too late to back out now. He ended up sliding on his shoes, he didn't end up going as far as Taeyong but he did trip on his lace, his hands flailed a bit as he didn't know what to do knowing he wouldn't be able to put his hands down in time.

Though Taeyong came to the rescue running over to the boy and catching him before he fell, with the rest of the group running over as well bombarding the boy with 'are you ok?' and 'does anything hurt?' To which he replied he was fine and that he felt like a damsel in distress making them all laughed it off.
Concluding the slip'n'slide competition.