h y u n g. s t a y.

[roughly inspired by that one scene from 'hell is other people']
AU
WARNING: mentions of torture, abuse, death and etc. do not read if sensitive to subjects
—————

"I need to get out of here..."
Mark muttered under his voice, feeling all the hairs on his back stand up.

He'd only moved into the small studio around 2 weeks ago and it was driving him insane. The people there, if you can even call them 'people', are not normal. It's as if they fed on his fear.
Only 2 nights ago he had caught Ten, Lucas and Taeyong burying the dead bodies of who he presumed to be Kai and Joongi. He'd found them loading their bodies into their truck. The only reason he knew Kai was definitely there was the bracelet on the arm that sluggishly fell out of one of the bags just to be violently stuffed back in, along with the disappearance of Joongi the next day.
As for the other two, Taemin and Baekyun, Taemin always have him a cold glare as if he'd killed someone, though they only briefly crossed each other once in a while since he was usually on the 3rd floor doing something, Male presumes it to be building and refernishing. While, Baekyun would actually talk to him, though he gave him creepy undertones. Baekyun would always stare at him with that creepy smile as if he were an old doll in the window of an antiques shop.
He could hear cries and banging on the walls for the past week but assumed his nightmares had come back until that night he saw blood on the bottom of Bakeyun's trousers when they had a small chat.
It confirmed the hideous truth.
Lin seemed to be the only normal human there...

Him and Lin became best friends, they bonded over how weird everyone seemed. Lin worked as a small performer in bars , he played guitar and sang but didn't earn much money. Mark found out the owner was Lin's uncle and that the only reason he stayed there was because of the fact he could live there for free, he had moved in just 2 weeks before Mark.
Though, Lin seemed to be almost scared of everyone there, he'd always call Mark when we've he was scared at night. He was a troubled and paranoid boy, he thought that someone would creep into his room every night and spy on him or that someone was drilling holes into his walls to spy on him and stalk him. Mark told him that the chances of those thing happening was near impossible, then again lies are sometimes better than truth.
Whenever Lin would call talking about how scared he was they would both go to the roof where Lin would sing songs for the older, soothing tunes to get the through the night.
Lin was like a little brother to him for the 2 weeks until that one day...

He packed all his stuff in his bag, he didn't know where he'd go but he knew he was gonna take Lin with him. His breathes staggered as the reality of the situation kicked in, in his mind he saw them living on the streets or being chased by Ten, Taeyong and Lucas. He didn't even want to think about the worst.
He then thought back to the events and things he had witnessed staying there and couldn't take it any longer.

"Lin, come out."
He said knocking on the boy's door, expecting an immediate response since the boy always seemed to be in his room, especially at night.
"Li-"

"Yes, Hyung."
He turned around to see the younger boy, standing there smiling as he did. He could see the boy's complexion had paled but decided not to touch on it, as well as the fact the boy held his arms on his stomach as if to hide something. He saw something in the boy's eyes but couldn't quite pinpoint it, either way they had to leave as soon as they could.
"We're going, pack your stuff. We can... go to my parents-"

"I think we should stay..."
Mark stopped and stared at the boy processing what he had just said.
"You know, I met Baekyun in the kitchen and he seemed pretty nice, he introduced me to the rest and everyone is so welcoming."
He couldn't believe what he was hearing from the boy. The same boy who had been frightened of these people was now talking as if they were all friends, as if everyone in the studio wasn't crazy.