Chapter 12: Promise

Washing the soap off my hair I let the water fall on me. My eyes close enjoying the feeling. I try to relax my mind from everything that goes on, but his face keeps coming up. I instantly touch the necklace he gave me.

A light nock brings me out of my thoughts. ''Daphne hurry up. I need to use the bathroom.''

Walking out of the shower, I put a towel around my body. I can't have a moment of alone time. Can't I?

I open the door only to find my mom behind it. ''You really need to cut this mane of yours. It's getting out of hand.'' She says obviously, referring to my waist length hair.

She is right. I need almost an hour to wash it, but I don't understand how this bothers her existence. Besides, I don't want to cut them off. Everyone around me envy my long dark locks. I'm not giving up on them.

I past by her and walk inside my bedroom. Letting the towel off my body, I feel the cool breeze touching me, before I start drying my hair. I always enjoy this moment of nudity. It maybe sound weird but for me, it's liberating.

Taking a pair of panties and bra I quickly slip them on, before I plop on my bed.

I look at the ceiling. Three days.

It's being three days since I last saw him. But why does it feel so long? My mind goes immediately to our last night together. Thinking about what happened, I keep playing with the chain on my neck. My fingers trace the back of it again and again, until I can't hold myself and take it off.

I look on the other side, reading the two letters for the 100th time. J.W.

Three days ago

''You got it baby?'' He asks, gently caressing my cheek.

I nod. ''Yeah. I g-go in and say the truth. I skip the part about you coming, Eric's name and the girl's condition.''

''And how you got here. They are going to ask about it. Don't forget. They let you go as soon as your friend escaped.''

''Right. I told them she is going to bring the police...''

''Good girl.'' He responds, kissing my forehead.

''I'm scared.'' I mumble. ''What if the girl appears and tells them the truth? What if...''

He hushes me, bringing me closer to him. If that's even possible.

''Nothing is going to happen. I have everything under control. You trust me, don't you?''

He looks at me directly in the eyes and I lose my voice. He has me under a spell and he knows it.

I hesitantly nod.

''Good. Now trust me when I say, it will be over before you even know it. You will be home soon, safe.''

I don't want to go home. I wanna stay with you.

That's all I'm thinking, but I don't say anything.

He sees right through me when he says, ''I'll come for you. I promise.''

My eyes shot open and the words slip my mouth quickly. ''When?''

He smirks making my heart skip several beats, before answering my question.

''Sooner than you think.''

His words sound reassuring although, I can't find myself to relax. The opposite. It makes me more anxious, just the thought of waiting for him every day...what if he never shows up?

''What's going on inside your pretty little head Daphne? Tell me.''

The way he pronounces my name brings me all kind of feelings, but I can't find myself to admit, I'm just afraid of not seeing him again.