Chapter 33: Wild Thing

''Say hello to my little friend.''

The words form deliciously between his lips and I catch myself staring at him intensely. There is something intriguing in the way he looks at me. It's almost provocative. He is practically challenging me to beat him at his own game.

My Joker.

You may be good.

But I'm better.

''Tony Montana, Scarface.''

His face contrasts in pure shock, wiping off the smug look he had on. I mirror him, pretending to be shocked, before I snatch another french frie from his plate.

Who's laughing now babe.

''Oh come on! Are you for real?'' He whines like a child for the 100th time.

''By the time we finish this game, I will have nothing left in my plate.''

I chuckle watching him pout. I swear he is a five year old trapped in a man's body.

My man.

A small smile forms on my lips, but I'm quick to hide it.

Wtf did I just say?

''What are you thinking?'' He asks, from the other side of the table.

''N-nothing.'' I stutter embarrassed.

''You looked pretty content with yourself over there.''

''No, I was-sn't.''

''Are you sure? Because I would swear some indecent thoughts were floating in your head.''

My face heats up listening to his words and I need to look away, before I embarrass myself farther.

Come up with something good Daphne.

''I was just thinking about your lame movie lines. I mean Scarface? Even my little cousin has seen this and he is twelve.''

He looks at me offended, before he digs into his plate catching a frie.

''Well I'm sorry Master D, I couldn't find something more creative. You have cornered me from the beginning.''

''This was your idea.'' I say laughing at how annoyed he looks by the fact that he is losing.

''Because I didn't know you are some kind of cinema genius.''

''Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you. We could try some animation lines instead. Maybe you have a better luck there.'' I say, dipping more of his fries in the ketchup.

''I don't like ketchup.'' He mumbles under his breath.

''I love it.'' I whisper, licking my finger without breaking the eye contact.

He stares at my lips, almost lost in a trance and I don't know what came at me, but I find myself swiping my thumb over them, spreading the remains of the fries salt. My tongue immediately gathers the crunchy texture, leaving my lips slightly irritated and puffy.

Jackson's gaze moves towards my eyes. Bending over the table he lets his elbows rest on top of it, casually staring at me. The confidence I had until now seems to vanish and I fidget anxious in my spot. His stare, almost too much for me to handle.

''Let's make a deal.'' He says, smirking.

''What kind of deal?'' I ask confused.

''I'll give you one more. If you find it you can ask me whatever you want.''

''You mean like a favor?''

''Favor, gift, question...anything.''

The last part catches my attention and I feel intrigued by this. ''Are you going to answer it? Whatever I ask?'' I say almost too interested.