Chapter 20: A bit of truth

Sitting on the old couch I wait patiently for Isaac to finally speak. It's been almost 15 minutes and he is already in the third bottle.

''So...''' I say, looking at him sipping his beer.

He doesn't answer making me slightly frustrated.

''Are you gonna talk or not?''

''Calm your tits baby.'' He says, with a raspy voice.

''My tits are perfectly fine. Thank you.'' I respond ironically.

''Sure, they are.'' He comments glancing at my form, his eyes stopping at my chest.

I look at him dumbfounded.

''Hey! My eyes are up here!'' I yell throwing a pillow at him.

He laughs for a moment making me smile.

I remember, this is the second time I hear his laugh.

It's deep and husky, like his voice.

Right now, he looks like a little kid and I catch myself enjoying the picture.

Shit. Snap out of it, Daphne!

''Talk or I'll leave.''

''Are you threating me babygirl? Let me remind you. You came to me, not the other way around.''

I stay silent. He is right. I need him, if I want to know more about Jackson.

He is my only chance.

''Whatever.'' I whisper, taking a sip from my beer.

''That's more how I like it. Obedient.''

I snap my gaze at him, pretending I didn't catch the double meaning of his words.

''Please. I don't have all day. My parents don't even know I left.''

''Why not?''

''Because I was sick. And I'm supposed to rest.''

Staring at me blankly, he brings the bottle to his lips once again.

''Jackson Wald. That's his full name. Although, I'm pretty sure you already know that.'' He says, pointing at my necklace.

I automatically touch the round stone Jackson gave to me.

''I guess you really blowed up his mind, to give you this.''

''Why?''

''Because, it's his symbol.''

''Symbol?'' I ask confused.

''Every member of the gang has a necklace like that. These three lines and the black stone are Jacksons symbols. It means that the person who wears it is protected by the gang. No one can touch or mess with you. So, whoever sees the stone and recognize it, he'll know you are Jackson's.''

''Jackson's?'' I say raising an eyebrow.

Like a property?

''He basically claimed you.''

Isaac's words bring a tingly feeling in my stomach. Claimed? He owns me now?

The feminist inside me fights for the so called ''claimed'' title, but I can't help and feel a little flustered by it.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

Isaac seems to notice my expression and I hear a snort coming off his mouth.

''All you girls are the same. Stupid enough to fall for the bad guy and think it's the best thing that happened to you.''

''I d-don't...''