⛲️ Elrond ⛲️

This is a requested oneshot by KasuoMikori. Goheno nin mellon. I promised to update this early but then again I caught a flu. So this will have a surprise event during the story. Hope you guys enjoy this!

P.s. Im sorry if its long.

____________________________________________

You are a servant of Lord Elrond, his head maid which means you are always there with him and Lindir. A few months after Lady Celebrian has sailed to Valinor, you and Lindir are recruited at the same time.

You always had eyes on the elven lord but you felt it was wrong and decided to let this feelings past. Especially you are an half-elf. Plus your younger than him by many years. 600 or more to be precise. And you knew elves could love only one time.
Lord Elrond already had his so to you it meant there are no more chances. And this hurt you a lot. But you are wrong about one thing.

But what was it?

One noon, as you strolled around the gardens. You felt something stuck to your throat, you covered your mouth and ran to the nearest bathroom. As soon as you reached the bathroom, you ran to the sink and started coughing. Your eyes were closed so you didn't see what came out. But when you opened fear took over you. Blood and brown petals of roses were on the sink.
You saw a line of blood from your lip to your chin.

You quickly turned on the tap and you watch it drain away the blood and petals. You cleansed your mouth and gargled water with a bit of salt in it. You didn't know what it was. And you absolutely didn't want to think about it.

Elrond's POV

"Mellon that is absolutely ridiculous! What makes you think she likes me?! I am far too old for her! And there are many young ellons out there who would wish to court her.. She is far too innocent for an old elf like me.." I said as my voice went from aggressive to soft. Glorfindel and Lindir frowned at me.

They knew I have feelings for my head maid but I cannot simply walk straight and tell her how I feel. That would be ridiculous!

"You will never know if you try my lord." Lindir said with reassurement on his face.

"Your assistant is right mellon nin.. What if it turns out she has feelings for you? You must remember, every broken heart is like a broken rib. You cannot see it but inside, every breath hurts.." Glorfindel says in agreement. I sighed and rubbed my temples.

"Can the both of you leave for me a while, I need to think.." I mumbled, I heard one of them sigh as I hear the door creak open.

"As you wish mellon nin." Glorfindel says glumly as I hear footsteps and the door close gently.

Back to you

It has been two weeks and you felt worse than ever. Everytime you cough, the blood gets a deeper red and more brown petals came out. You were terrified but you did not want to tell anyone, especially Lord Elrond. It might waste his time on much more important things. So you kept this to yourself until you couldn't take it anymore.

It was days before Yultide. And it was a very special occasion for every race. You were walking throught the halls with Gandalf's apprentice, Janeth. She was a girl from earth.
She was found by Gandalf when she was taken here by the age of 5.

You were chatting and laughing until you felt the thorns stinging your throat. You suddenly passed out as you heard Janeth call your name.

__________________________________________________

Y/n's PoV

I groaned as I groggily opened my eyes. I saw Janeth pacing back and forth in front of me.

"Janeth?" I called out to her and she immediately snapped her head towards me. Her face had mixed emotions.

Anger, Sorrow, Fear and Helplessness.

"Y/n.. why didn't you tell me?" She said disappointedly.

I immediately knew what she meant. I bowed my head down, embarrassed and ashamed.

"Goheno nin, mellon. I did not want any of you to worry about my condition.." I said looking out the window. Janeth sighed and grabbed one of my folded hands.

"You must tell him before it is too late. Y/n, as far as I remember hanahaki diesease is dangerous back in my world." Janeth frowned.

"Hanahaki? Is there any cure..?" I asked, full of hope.

"Y/n, Hanahaki is caused by one sided love. It is either if that person loves you back or surgery." My friend said blankly.

"Surgery doesn't exist here.." I say as I began to sob. Janeth immediately wrapped her arms around me.

"Our only hope now is if Elrond loves you back before it is too late.." She said as she stroked my hair.

"Impossible..." I mumbled but it was still loud enough to hear.

???'s PoV

"Impossible..." Y/n mumbled, My eyes widened in the severity
Y/n is in. I cannot let this happen. With my little legs, I ran as fast as I could to Lord Elrond's room. (Guess who? ;) )

Elrond's PoV

I was having a council with Glorfindel and the other high elves.
Until I heard a little voice, shouting my name.

"Lord Elrond! Lord Elrond!" The voice called.

"Aragorn.." I mumbled. I sighed and looked at the child who was running towards me. But I saw worry and fear in his face.

"What is it Estel?" I asked at the panting child. I put him on my lap so he can regain his breath.

"Its Y/n! She has sickness that could get her killed! Lady Janeth is with her!" Aragorn said as he tugged on my sleeve. My eyes widened at this. This cannot be happening,

A few gasps were heard. I handed Estel to Arwen as I, Glorfindel and Lindir raced to Y/n's quarters.

I have lost Celebrian. I will not lose Y/n too.

3rd PoV

Y/n and Janeth were still in their embrace until they heard the door suddenly slammed open. The two girls were startled as they spotted the Lord of Imladris with his assisstants.

Elrond was shocked to see the pale tear-stained face of his beloved. She looked so weak in her state. The red-haired maiar looked at Elrond and Y/n.

"Y/n.." Elrond mumbled, Janeth removed her arms from her friend and stood up. She ushered the other two males out of the room as Elrond hugged the elleth tightly.

"My lord.." Y/n was bewildered, she couldn't say a thing.

"Why didn't you tell me.." Elrond cried, the girl just had her eyes wide as her superior began to cry.

"Y/n, please. Do not leave me. I already lost someone I love. I cannot bear to see you gone from my side, I need you in my life. Y/n, I love you...." The lord confessed, Y/n began choking on air.

Elrond felt scared, he began to call for the three outside who immediately rushed in. Glorfindel and Lindir had a sobbing Elrond on their grasp. Janeth smacked Y/n on the back hard a few times until the brown rose was spat out.

The elleth took a few deep breaths, her throat no longer stings, her heart no longer aches. Elrond immediately got out of his assisstants' grasp. Happy that his love had survived, kissed her with passion with a grip that will never let her go.