8

December 6 2012:

It was my birthday, finally 12 years old, my mother and father walked into my room to wake me up, they sang me the birthday song...

I was so happy, but I never imagined that all that joy would fade in a matter of hours... it was my birthday, what could go wrong? As usual, I was wrong....

Once I entered the classroom, all my classmates gave me greetings and, between hugs and kisses, I felt happy at last, as if all the pain that I had been through, no longer belonged to me, free as a dove on a spring day.

My friendship with Kim grew stronger and stronger, so much so that we were no longer friends but sisters. She was the first to give me greetings in class, came running to hug me, and cried out loud:
"Best wishes sister" as she was announcing to the world something really important, my birth. I felt so special. The hours of the lessons passed, I looked forward to lunch, to see give life to that beautiful atmosphere that was created every time in the days when was someone's birthday.

It was finally my turn, it was my day, and even though I was a pretty shy girl, I was hoping that moment would give me courage to face my fears, but I was wrong...

In fact, just sitting at the table, the famous song started, but was accompanied by laughter, repeated insults regarding my physical appearance.

At that moment, I didn’t care much, I was just a little girl, I didn’t care to look beautiful in other people’s eyes, I wasn’t a tomboy, but I managed to make me suffice the clothes I had, trying to match them as much as possible. But every result was null, to hearing repeated insults...

I remained silent looking at their smiling mouths, full of mold, because with every word they said, their tongues rotted more and more, their voices were getting lower and lower, their teeth rotting like when we eat too many sweets.
They have always taught us that the less is more, and they had reached the limit to be heard by my eardrums, accustomed to hear those melodies of Mozart or Beethoven that my father loved so much, and that every night they accompanied him in his sleep.

We had finished lunch and as usual we had gone down in the courtyard. For a few days it was used to play dunk 3, a new game became fashionable, in the previous days I looked them from afar in order to be more prepared in case one the day, I wanted to play. They had gathered different classes, Who wanted, could participate, at least that was what I thought ....

On my birthday, I finally decided to join, I approached the group happily, a space was created between two girls who smiled at me, they looked at me and they said to me: Do you want to play too?
I nodded with a little movement of the head, almost invisible, but I was anything but invisible, indeed I had already been targeted by Maddy and her new group of friends, who started throwing balloons at me randomly, without even getting to the rule of three, it seemed that there were only us to "play". Everyone else looked at us in amazement...

First dodged balloon, second, third, fourth, fifth and that’s it, I decided to eliminate myself.

I took refuge in a part of the courtyard, which made me know a friend of mine, had become my refuge in the most difficult moments. It allowed me to look outside on the main road, and see people unknown passing in front of me, that sometimes I only greeted with that little friend.
I felt at peace with myself, as if there was someone waiting for me, to lend me his hand in the moment of need, comforted me, I was so well...

Sometimes you have to know when to leave, you wouldn’t have to insist, at least not for the moment. Suddenly, I heard screamed my name from my teacher, one, two, three times, followed by the voice of other people, it looked like a stadium at a soccer game. I never wanted to leave that place, but I got up suddenly, and as if nothing had happened I came out of nowhere...

"Where have you been? We were all looking for you". I answered with my most beautiful smile, and I walked to the entrance of the courtyard, because I knew that a beautiful cake was waiting for me at home, to celebrate my birthday and that of my father. We were born the same day, a case?

I don’t know, I just know that despite everything, between me and my two brothers, I’m the one with the hair more similiar to his.