11

In the following days, Katty, living in my own neighborhood, proposed me to go and see the school that interested her. It was only a commercial technician (this is what I thought), the same one who had chosen my best friend Kim , but who had not decided to visit already knowing it, she was one of the few with clear ideas.I didn't understand why she proposed it to me, we weren't friends, but I decided to accept anyway, also because the pressure from the teachers was felt.
It was a Saturday morning, I was so excited that day, I woke up very early so I wouldn't be late.
It was a sunny day, I got ready and left the house to reach the bus stop where I would meet her. I knew very well the area where that school was, because in that area was the ice cream shop where I went every Sunday with my family. Sometimes I would just go with my father, I still remember his bright face looking at my joyful face when I had the cone in my hands.

She came happy, she was knowing that she was growing up, she greeted me from afar, and ran towards me with open arms. She hugged me hard, like we haven't seen each other in a long time, like we're related, but we actually hated each other to death. We took the bus, and after five stops we got off and walked to the school.
As soon as I entered I was amazed by the beauty of the building, it seemed as if we had entered an art museum, with V-shaped stairs. The first allow you to choose in which of the two directions between left and right to go. In the middle between the two, a large painting of dark bronze color.

On the right there are the secretariat, the presidency and on the left the classroom prof. In the middle instead the two stairs leading to the upper floors, to be precise, 2 . On the ground floor there are also the largest gym that give access to the inner courtyard, the English and Spanish workshops, and some classes.

Downstairs there is the bar, huge, it is like a pub, high tables, low tables, tall and low chairs , sofas with pillows, plants, paintings... There is also the classroom magna, and the classrooms for various extra-scholastic activities such as theatre. The second gym is located on the first floor, with the video room and classrooms. At the second, the chemistry classroom, physics classroom, French classroom, the library and the last classrooms.
I was enchanted by the aesthetic charm.

They explained to us the two possibilities of school courses, language and economics. The group had to split up and follow the corresponding chosen guide. Katty looked at me and advised me to choose the language course, and I did. They took us to a classroom, where some students together with the teachers explained the various languages that we could have choose to study during the five years.

I was interested to the spanish language, having studied it in middle school, and also by the French. I also liked them a lot because they would have opened the way for me to the world of international music. I've always dreamed of singing in front of millions of people, giving a message that doesn't just stopped at the catchy melody, something that reflects certain moments in life that very often are not mentioned. They are marginalized by the music industries, by songwriters, as if making see to the people a naked body it's less difficult, but there are other arguments besides unrequited love, and how attractive the female body is to man.

I took the flyer in my hands and after the long explanation, Katty and I we went home. She took her decision, and I took mine. We would have attended the same school, the same course, but we would have studied different languages. The next day when I met Kim I gave her this good news, we'd go to school together, I was so naive to think that, at least for the first year, but I never imagined that I'd be living a year full of loneliness and sadness.

All of a sudden it was dark...