Chapter 20: Perfect

Brix woke up with a throbbing headache. She winced and held her head "Shit" she cursed

"You're awake" said Alex "here take this" she handed her a tablet and a glass of water "you were so drunk last night you passed out" she took a seat on the couch "what happened?" Brix paused and remembered what happened yesterday. So, she told her older sister. "I see. So, what are you going to do" replied Alex

"I don't know what to do man" Brix covered her face with her hands

"Do you love her?" Alex asked trying to read her sister "like are you serious about her?"

Brix thought for a moment and turned to her sister "Yeah"

Alex nodded and she could see the sincerity in her eyes "then fight for her" she said standing up "that's what the Brix Pendleton I know would do" she added with a smile

Brix returned the smile

Alex is currently in her office doing some paperwork's when her phone rang. She saw the caller and without a second to waste she answered it "Sabby! Thank God you called" she said standing up from her seat "Where have you been? I've been worried sick"

"Lex, calm down" Ysabelle replied gloomily "I-I actually want to talk to you about something. Are you free right now?"

"Uhm..." Alex checked her watch then rubbed her eyebrows "Yeah, of course"

"Meet me at the penthouse?" Ysabelle replied

"I'll be there in a bit" answered Alex while putting on her blazer.

She went out and her secretary noticed "Miss Pendleton, where are you going?" she asked frantically "you have a meeting in an hour"

"Cancel it" Alex replied while speed walking to the elevator

"But-"

Alex reached the elevator and turned to the woman "Cancel it" she said authoritatively without explanation. She reach the penthouse and when she opened the door, she saw it was dark "Babe? I'm here". She placed her keys on the rack and made her way inside "Sabby?" when she reach the living room, she saw a figure sitting on the sofa. So, she ran towards it and gave her a hug "Hey!"

The woman who was in deep thought finally came to her senses "Alex" she said softly

Alex studied her fiancé "are you ok? What happened?" she sat on the couch "you haven't contacted me in weeks. I asked your parents—"

"I'm breaking up with you" Ysabelle blurted out all of a sudden

Alex was taken aback "Wh—" she didn't know. She felt like her heart has been ripped out from her chest. "H—" she has a lot of questions, but nothing is coming out from her mouth

They stayed in silence for a good couple of minutes. No one said anything. They're trying to let everything sink in. They just sat in the couch in a dimly lit room, the cars from the street below is the only thing they could here.

Once Alex composed herself, she said "why?" without turning to the other girl.

Ysabelle is facing her, studying her reaction "I...uh..."

Alex scoffed bitterly "I gave you everything" she started "I know I wasn't the easiest to be with, but I tried my best to keep you happy. I did everything you told me to do. I—"

"That's exactly it Alex!" Ysabelle returned "you're perfect" she exhaled "I've been thinking these past few days, our relationship is perfect. Too perfect. It's like it's been handed out in a silver platter and I just feel bored"