Chapter 50: The Beginning of an End?

Ghaille sneaked inside the house trying not to wake everyone. It's about two a.m., so she slowly closed the door. But then the lights turned on. Cursing inside her head she slowly turned meeting her parents with two different expressions. Confused she stepped closer to them "where have you been young lady? It's late" her father gave her a stern look. Ghaille scratched the back of her head "you couldn't text or call? This isn't like you Ghaille"

The girl lowered her gaze "I'm sorry dad"

"So, where were you?" Nico asked her

"I...I was with Naomi" the younger woman replied

Sofia comforted her daughter "see she's safe" she told her husband "and she's here now" she smiled. She then led her to the sofa "now, lets talk about this" she showed her an envelope.

Ghaille's eyes widened when she recognised where it came from "you opened it?" she asked nervously. They shook their heads.

"Why don't you read it?" Nico told his daughter. Ghaille is now seating on the sofa in between her parents who anxiously waits for her to open in.

Ghaille tore the white envelope open and took out the paper inside. She read through it and a tear left her eye "what does it say?" Sofia asked

The girl still in shock turned to her parents "I got in" she replied

Her parents cheered "I'm so proud of you!" Sofia hugged her daughter "ah! Finally another doctor in the family!"

"Mom! I still need to pass med school remember?" Ghaille smiled

"Still! I know you're going to do it in flying colours" Sofia replied

"I'm proud of you kiddo" Nico gave his daughter a hug

"Thank you, dad" Ghaille smiled.

After that great news, Ghaille is back at it again with the school stuff. Graduation is coming up meaning exams, practical's, and the preparations for the event. So, this couple of days, she's been on her feet and haven't had time to do other stuff.

She still haven't told Naomi her offer, but she will soon. She never really have time to properly talk to her about it. But today, she does. "Rhett, I told you to talk to the others about this already" she told the person on the phone while putting on her shoes "not today. I have family stuff" she lied. "Yeah Monday" she replied as she walk down the stairs.

When she finished, she rubbed her forehead "you don't look stressed at all" said someone behind her.

She turned and saw Alex wearing her pilot uniform "I don't have time for silly banters, Alex" she rolled her eyes.

Alex laughed "I heard the good news. Congrats" said Alex putting down her hat "we should go out. Celebrate!"

Ghaille turned to her sister "not today. I'm going to Naomi's"

Alex gave her a confused look "again?"

"What do you mean?" Ghaille asked

"It's just— I heard you've been hanging around her a lot and some people at school have been contacting me about you saying you haven't been in some of your classes and your grades are getting affected" Alex explained.

"You what?!" Ghaille snapped "have you been snooping around school?" she asked. Ghaille scoffed "you really like to control everything don't you?" she paused

Alex stepped back "what are you talking about, Ghaille?"

"You don't like anyone going against you that's why you go around into people's business and uses it to your advantage" she stepped closer to her sister "now, what? Huh, Alex? The perfect daughter. Are you going to tell mom and dad?"

"I would never do anything to go against you" Alex replied

Ghaille hissed "oh really?" she answered "then why don't you tell that Ysabelle. I mean she ran away with some guy because probably because of you?"

That triggered something inside Alex "you don't know anything" she pointed a finger at her sister

Ghaille gave her a mocking smile "sure" she replied then walked out of the door.

Later that day, she's seating on Naomi's bed. They're watching a movie. She cooled off and had time to think about what happened. Feeling guilty on wat she said to Alex, she sighed. Naomi beside her gave her a confused look "what's wrong?" she asked

Ghaille turned to her girlfriend and shook her head "it's just, Alex and I had a fight this morning. I was stressed and I kinda blew it on her"

Naomi smiled "well, one thing I know about you two is that you always find a way to get along" she replied making Ghaille smile and give her a quick kiss on the head. They heard the doorbell "I'll get it" Naomi told her. Ghaille got out of bed to stretch. She knocked off something on the shelf, it's a notebook. She was about to put it back to the shelf thinking it's just Naomi's notes, but she saw her name. Curious she read through it. Moments later, Naomi came back and nearly dropped what she was holding when she recognised what Ghaille is holding "I-I can explain" she stuttered.

Ghaille gave her an entertained look "Ghaille is an obstacle on becoming the valedictorian—" she read on the diary. She turned back to the girl again "and I would do anything to be on top in the end" she placed the notebook on the desk "anything" she repeated. There are now tear on their faces "was this all part of your plan?" she asked "to distract me from school, to make a me fool for thinking that you also have feelings for me so that you can fulfil your goal?"

"Ghaille, it's not—" Naomi sobbed

"I'm done" Ghaille grabbed her things "we're done!" she walked to the door. She turned to the girl "don't worry. You can keep your top position" she replied "I don't want anything to do with it now anyway. Or to you"

"Ghaille, let me explain" Naomi tried to stop her, but the girl was gone.

When Ghaille got home she closed the door. She could feel her knees about to give in so she leaned back sobbing "Ghaille?" Alex asked.

Ghaille looked up and saw her older sister. She ran after her and gave her a hug "I'm so sorry" she cried

"Sshh. It's ok" Alex rubbed her sisters back trying to comfort her.