Chapter 36: Found Out

(A/N: Two chapters for you guys. Sorry if I havent uploaded yesterday. I was buys with Christmas stuff. But here you go. Enjoy)

After a phone call Alex came down the stairs then met everyone at the dining room "Good Morning Krusty Crew!" she greeted then sat on her usual seat

Sofia shook her head "who was that on the phone?" she asked

"Jocelyn reminding me I have a meeting with the Chinese investors this Thursday" Alex replied while putting food on her plate "thank you" she told the maid who brought her coffee

Nico and the rest of the family raised their eyebrows "since when do you drink coffee?" he asked

Alex took a sip of her coffee "since today?"

Sofia held her daughters hand "Alex, you don't have to change completely because of what happened"

"Mom, I'm not changing ok?" reassured Alex "I'm merely experiencing new things. Experimenting. I'm still the Alex you guys knew" she said turning to everyone.

One of the maids came up to Nico and handed him the mails. His eyebrows met "What's wrong?" his wife asked. He handed her an envelope then turned to Alex who was also looking at him curiously. After reading, Sofia handed her the dirty white envelope.

She read through it "what does it say?" Ghaille asked

"Looks like the Álvarez's are hosting a party" Alex replied. The others turned to her concernedly.

"We don't have to go if you don't want to" Sofia told her

Alex bit her lower lip then shook her head looking at the envelop "No, we have to go. They invited us, we don't want to be rude" she said looking up to her concerned mother.

"Are you sure?" Nico asked

"Yeah" Alex replied "the Alvarez's are long time business partners and basically family already. What happened to Sabina and I doesn't change that" the others didn't reply. Brix beside her gave her a tap on the shoulder, Alex smiled in reply.

Alex is fixing herself in front of the mirror when Ghaille and Jaime came in the room. Their jaws dropped. They saw Alex wearing an all-black suit, white sneakers, she looked dangerous. Her ocean blue eyes looks even bluer with that outfit.

"Do I look ok?" Alex asked

"Ysabelle would want you back if she sees you" Brix replied tapping her sisters shoulder

"Mom and dad's waiting for us downstairs" said Ghaille

The youngest two went ahead and Alex was about to follow but Brix stopped her "wait" she said making Alex turn to her "I know you're forcing yourself to go to this party so..." she took something from the inside of her jacket "take this" she handed Alex a flask "confidence shot" she winked

Alex knows Brix is right, so she took a swing of the bitter alcohol. She winced. "What the hell is inside this?"

"A shot of every alcohol dad has on that cellar" Brix replied also taking a swing

"It's disgusting" said Alex

"Trust me, you need it" Brix told her sister while pushing her out of the door.

Arriving at the party Alex took a deep breath then got off the car "ready?" Jaime asked her. She nodded. She haven't been in this house in ages and looking to the three-story house her feet wouldn't budge "you'll be fine. I'll be beside you" said Jaime "we're behind you" she added. Alex turned to her sisters and smiled.