Chapter 41: Doctor's Visit

Alex rang the doorbell by the gate and a guard came up to them "Who are you and why are you here?" he asked.

"Dr Hickinbottom" Alex replied taking a quick glance to the woman on her left "Miss McGregor's doctor from the hospital, remember me?" Alex told the man recognising him from the hospital.

"Ah, yes" replied the man "and who are they?" he asked referring to the two masked women behind her

"My nurses. I need them to assist me" Alex said "the senator wanted his daughters fast recovery so to do that, I need these two. So, are you going to let us in, or do I need to tell the senator?" Alex told the man authoritatively.

"U-uhm...yes. Of course" the man buzzed them in "I-I'm sorry for the delay, sir" the man still don't recognise Alex as a woman and her files in the hospital were rigged.

The three walked in the mansion with the two women behind Alex holding their laugh "I swear you could've changed or used a better surname?" Alex asked Isabella.

"Blame your sister for grabbing random jackets" Isabella replied

They were led to Ember's room. The girls' eyes widen when she recognised who Alex is with. The older sister turned to the maid "thank you and please we have to contain this room for at least an hour. So, no going in or out. The uhm... the medicine must not be contaminated" Alex lied. The maid didn't question it and closed the door.

Brix quickly hugged the girl "I missed you so much!" she told her

"I missed you too!" Ember replied "h-how?!"

"I might've slipped her in" Alex replied "uhm... why don't we give you two some space. They won't be bothering you for a while. We'll just pop out" she explained going out through the window.

"Where are you two going?" Brix asked "what if they see you?"

"They won't" Isabella replied "when they come in just tell them we're in the toilet, cleaning the equipment. Just call us if there's a problem"

As the two went to investigate the house the couple still couldn't they're there together "I missed you so much!" said Brix again "you don't know how much I wanted to do this"

Ember has tears in her eyes "me too" she smiled rubbing the girls' cheeks with her thumbs

"What were you thinking?!" Brix scolded "you could've died!"

The girl dropped her gaze "they wanted me to marry this guy thinking it'll turn me back to 'normal'" Ember explained turning back to the girl "I'd rather die than marry him" she sobbed

"Hey" Brix comforted her "I will not let that happen" she wiped the girls' tears off "but please don't go doing that again, ok? Because I was worried sick. I thought I lost you"

Meanwhile, Alex and Isabella are sneaking around the house avoiding the maids and the guards. They went into a door "jackpot" said Isabella when she realised, they're in the senator's home office "look through anything connected to the drug transaction, I'll try to open his computer"

Alex looked through the cabinets and found a diary or a log book of some kind. She opened it and saw names with their addresses and contact details "how about this?" she asked the girl by the computer

"I don't know. It could just be names of people he know, like connections. But we could do background checks on them to see if they're connected" Isabella explained "just take a picture of the pages, it could be useful" Alex nodded and obeyed what the girl told her.

"Yes!" Isabelle said triumphantly opening the computer then downloading the files.

Alex phone rang "they're in the house!" said Brix.

The two panicked and fixed the room. They heard the door knob twisting "go through the terrace" said Alex. When they got out, she remembered that just above this room is Ember's "climb up my shoulder and go up" Alex suggested.

Isabella didn't argue and climbed up the girl's shoulder. Alex is quite tall so Isabella can reach the above balcony. She grabbed the railing and climbed up. The other girl heard footsteps in the room so, she climbed up the railing. Isabella finally up, offered her hand "give me your hand" Alex used it to boost herself up.

With that force, Alex fell on top of the girl. Their faces are inches apart, eyes locked on each other, panting for breath when suddenly the door burst open "what the fuck are you two doing?" asked Brix frantically. The two got up and composed themselves "they've been knocking"

Alex cleared her throat "time to go to work then" she told them and went in the room. The two followed. She opened the door and saw a middle-aged woman and the maid "Mrs McGregor" she greeted.

The woman looked at the Alex from head to toe "you must be Doctor Hickinbottom, Dr Pendleton's replacement. Nice to meet you. You can call me Martha" the woman greeted.

"Good Afternoon Madam. We're here for our weekly check-up" Alex explained turning to the other who are now wearing their masks "these are my colleagues, they're assisting me today because the equipment is quite a handful and we still need to keep an eye on her for... for uhm... for any more symptoms and her medications"

"Yes, of course. Doctor. Please do continue" said Martha

"We're actually finished here. We're just packing" Alex replied "your daughter is healing quite fast actually and your maids are very helpful"

"That's great, Doctor" said Martha "would you like to join us for dinner?"

"Uhm..." she turned to the other two "thank for the offer ma'am but. I still have another patient to check. But maybe next time. I heard you have a carbonara to die for!"

The woman laughed "you're quite the charmer, aren't you?"

"We have to go, Doc" Isabella told Alex "thank you ma'am" Brix gave the woman a nod not making any more statements so that she doesn't get recognised.

"We'll go ahead, ma'am" said Alex "please, keep Ember stress free during her recovery and make sure she takes her meds" the info collected from Ember are actually checked by real doctors, Alex is only telling them what she is told.

When they got home, Alex plopped on the sofa "so what's with you and Isa, with an I?" Brix asked seating next to Alex "you two seemed to be having a moment at the balcony"

Alex rolled her eyes "it's purely business"

"Tell me, why is she with us again?" Brix asked. Alex looked at her sister debating whether to tell her everything about her girlfriends parents or not.