Chapter 54: Pre-Med

It's been about a month since Ghaille last attended school and Naomi haven't stopped trying to look for a way to talk to her. She tried going to their house but they kept telling her she's not living there anymore and wont tell her where she is. She also talked to Brix and Jaime but they wont tell her anything. "Jaime, please!" she begged. Jaime just got out of class and when she saw Naomi outside, she was about to avoid her but, failed. "Please"

Jaime now also feeling guilty for ignoring her for the past few days couldn't take it anymore but she promised Ghaille that she wont tell the girl anything. She stopped when the other girl held her arm. She turned and saw how different Naomi looked. She seemed like she haven't been sleeping or eating.

"Jaime, please. I'm begging you" said Naomi now about to cry "I need to talk to her" That day they broke up, Jamie saw how hurt Ghaille is and she hated Naomi for that. But at the same time, she knew the girl won't ever do that to her sister. She knows Naomi is very goal oriented, but Jaime also knows that the girl won't go that far, playing and hurting people...hurting Ghaille. "Please" now tears run down the girls' face

Jaime couldn't take it anymore "I—" she was about to say something when someone called her name.

"Jaime" said a familiar voice

They both turned and Ghaille's eyes widened when she saw who her sister was talking to "Ghaille!" said Naomi surprised to finally see the girl after so long. She gave the girl a hug but Ghaille just stood there "where were you? I tried calling you, I went to your house" asked Naomi

Ghaille cleared her throat and turned to her sister "let's go" she told her ignoring the other girl

"Ghaille" said Jaime feeling bad for Naomi

"I said let's go!" said Ghaille even sternly

Jaime feeling guilty said "Ghaille why don't you give her a chance to explain"

"There is nothing more to explain" the older girl replied coldly "now, let's go" Ghaille knows that if she stays another minute she'll end up hugging this girl again. But her pride is too big so, she started walking when she felt arms around her from the back

"Ghaille, please. Let me explain" cried Naomi

The taller girl tried to take off the girl's arms around her but Naomi just held her tighter "yes, I know what I wrote in the diary but believe me it's not as it looks like" she started

Ghaille rolled her eyes and kept trying to escape

"I wrote that ages ago. Right before I had feeling for you" when Ghaille heard that, her heart skipped a beat. But again she shrugged it off thinking the girl is lying "believe me Ghaille, I really do like you"

Ghaille is also now in tears, she relaxed making the girl let go of her. She turned to face the girl "believe you?" she asked finally talking to the girl "do you expect me to believe you when all you care about is yourself"

"Ghaille" Naomi sobbed

"I should've known" said Ghaille "all you cared about was your grades, school, success" she paused "and there I was, silly me thinking you actually care about me"

"I do"

"You do? Or am I just an 'obstacle'?" asked Ghaille

"Ghaille" Naomi tried to reach out to Ghaille but the girl moved back

"Don't worry, I'll move out of the way" she said "so, congratulations. You're on top" said Ghaille hen walked off leaving the girl there.

"N—" Jaime was about to comfort the other girl but Ghaille called her

"Come on" said Ghaille grabbing her sister away

Naomi watched the pair walk away and saw Jaime glance back and gave her an apologetic look. When the siblings disappeared, tears continued to fall. When suddenly someone tapped Naomi's shoulder "hey are you ok?" asked an older woman.

Naomi recognised her and wiped her tears away giving the woman a smile "yeah I'm ok"

"Are you sure?" the woman asked. Naomi nodded "well, I just came by to congratulate you for graduating top of your class!"

"What about Ghaille?" Naomi asked

"Ghaille actually just came by my office telling me she was accepted for an early admission. So sadly she wont be attending the graduation" the woman explained "she also stepped down from the student council so, as the vice president you will be taking her position. Congratulations"

Jaime watched her sister walk back and forth the room, grabbing clothes from her cabinet and setting it down her bed. No one is saying a word. "Just say it" said Ghaille folding her clothes

"Did you really have to do that?" asked Jaime

"Do what?" Ghaille asked

Jaime annoyed with that response "can't you just had talk to her in a civilised manner? Let her explain?"

"Civilised?" Ghaille asked "Jaime that woman is a manipulator. She'll do anything to be on top!"

Jaime scratched the back of her neck "Ghaille she said she wrote that ages ago!"

"Jaime, I know her ok!" replied Ghaille "ever since we were young that has always been her goal"

"What if she changed? I changed, Alex changed, Brix changed" countered Jaime "that note she wrote how many years ago doesn't define what she feels right now" Ghaille didn't reply "I saw the way she looks at you and she really do genuinely cares about you" explained Jaime "a few month ago, I know you would also say the same thing, that you'll want to graduate on top and would do anything to get it" The older girl couldn't answer "Besides, that 'anything' could be like, she'll do all nighters or she'll do extra credit" said Jaime "it doesn't mean that she'll make you fall in love and distract you. Because from the looks of it, eversince we were young, you two always kept pushing each other to be better. Even when you two were dating, you still manage to do that. Like I don't know anyone except you two to go on a date in the library"

Jaime got out of bed and placed an arm on her sisters shoulder

"But it's your choice. Are you going to believe that note that was written ages ago or the actual person telling you that she really likes you?" Jaime asked

The younger girl then exited the room leaving Ghaille in her room