Chapter 39: Finally

Jaime slung her back pack on her back and exited the door. She looked up and saw Claire waiting for her. She avoided eye contact and walked off "Jaime" Claire called out walking after the girl "can we talk?"

Jaime turned to the girl annoyedly "oh, so you're talking to me again?" asked Jaime then started walking again

"Jay, let me explain please" said Claire who started walking after the girl again

Jaime rolled her eyes "then what, ignore me again?" she replied without turning this time "why don't you stop wasting my time and just go back to your boyfriend"

Claire annoyed grabbed the girls' hand turning her to face her "can you just let me explain please!"

Jaime stopped walking and turned to the smaller girl "explain what exactly?!" she asked "because I think I got all the explanation I need" Jaime turned around and walked off.

Claire tried to catch up to the girl, but she was too late. She was gone.

Jaime got home early and saw Brix by the pool again "why are you smiling like an idiot?" she asked plopping her bag.

Brix turned to her sister "why do you look like a blobfish?" Brix countered. Jaime didn't reply. Sighing Brix dropped her phone and turned to her sister again "what is it?"

"It's Claire" Jaime replied

"What? Aren't you two together yet?" Brix asked "bro, your game is lacking"

"I told her I like her"

Brix was shocked "for reals?" she asked, "what happened after?"

"She didn't talk to me for a week after that"

"Ah" Brix caught on "let me guess the boyfriend's the problem" Jaime replied "Jay, I thought were passed her already. The girl has a boyfriend and" she scooted closer "why don't you make a move on that waitress girl?"

Jaime stood up annoyedly "How many time do I have to tell you, Jenny and I are just friends"

Brix followed her sister "And how many times do I have to tell you to stop it with Claire?"

Jaime sat down again "You're probably right. When I saw her with him in the inter-u, she looked so happy"

Brix again sat down next to her sister "hey, I can help you" she grinned "we'll do what I did to Alex"

The younger girl back away from her sister "Oh hell no!"

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Brix insisted.

The next day, Jaime parked her car in her usual spot and when she got out of the car, she was suddenly pushed back. She felt something soft on her lip, opening her eyes slightly she saw...Claire.

Moments later, Claire stepped back "w-why did you do that for?" Jaime asked

"Meet me at the gym after school" Claire explained the walked away leaving Jaime still in shock.

After her classes, Jaime was divided if she should go or not. Making her way to the gym she remembered what her sister told her 'Jay, I thought were passed her already. The girl has a boyfriend' she stopped 'what if this is another one of her games?' she asked herself 'I don't want to go through that again, but why did she kiss me?'

Without her noticing, she's already in front of the gym. Sighing she opened the door and went in. The lights were not all turned on. She looked around and saw no one 'I'm wasting my time. She's not even here'

She was about to go out when someone spoked behind her "you came" said a familiar voice

Jaime's heard pounder twice as fast but she kept her cool "I just wanted to hear what you were going to say" she said turning to face the other girl. She placed her hands on her pockets.

"Don't think that I was playing games with you" Claire started "I was in a difficult situation" she paused "I used to have a normal life before you came. I got in my dream school, I'm part of the student council, I have a very loving boyfriend. I had my whole life figured out. I was going to graduate, find a good job, get married" Jaime dropped her gaze. Claire walked closer to the girl and lifted her head back up to face her "then you came and changed everything" she stroked the girls' cheeks "I was scared because first, we're both girls. I was scared on what'll people think. But everytime I'm with you, you have this way of making me forget all that"

Claire stepped back and turned to the two banners with the N. Pendleton and the other with A. Pendleton stitched on it. It was a memorabilia of when Nico and Alex won their respective basketball championships

"Two, you're this daughter of a billionaire and I'm just a lowly life form. I am nothing compared to you" she told the girl "but you don't care about what your family have. You're just this down to earth person" Jaime was still confused on why this girl was saying all those things to her. The older girl turned to her again "When you saw me an Eric at the inter-u...I saw your face and...I- I came to look for you. But you were gone. That night, Eric and I talked and I told him everything, about you...about us"

"Claire, why are you saying all this?" Jaime finally spoke

"I just wanted to tell you that I-I like you too" Claire replied coyly "I-I'm not too late am I?"

Jaime stepped back when she heard that "are you playing games with me again because I'm not falling for your tricks again"

"Jaime, I'm serious"

"How can I be sure?" Jaime asked

"She talked to us" said someone in the shadows. Moments later her three older sisters stepped out of the darkness with smiles on their faces "she told us how she really felt for you and..." Alex smiled "she does have true feelings for you"

Jaime turned to her sisters then back to the girl again "you teamed up with them?" Claire nodded nervously because of Jaime's tone just now. The Jaime's expression turned into a smile and hugged the girl.

"Oh! Finally" said Brix breaking the couple up "First selfie!" she flashed the camera and the others joined in

Jaime turned to her girlfriend "see what I mean?"

Claire replied with a smile