Chapter 37: What?!

The McGregor's are also invited to the party, but Oliver and Martha only attended. Martha met Sofia in surprise "Sofia!" she greeted the other woman "you're here too?" she asked

"Hi!" Sofia greeted the couple back "yes, my daughter insisted she wanted to come so..."

"It's so nice to see you here" Martha replied "finally someone I can talk to other than these rich snobs" she joked. Sofia laughed.

Somewhere in the party, Brix excused herself to her sister "I have to find dad" she told them. They nodded. She saw her mom talking to someone. Their back was facing her so she couldn't see "mom!" she walked towards her.

"Hey" said Sofia "what are you doing here? I though you're with your sisters"

"Hey" Brix replied "Sorry, did I disturb you?" she finally turned to the other woman surprising them both.

"You" Martha said in shock

"You know each other?" Sofia asked "Martha this is my second eldest Brix, Brix she's Ember's mom"

"You're her mom?" asked Martha. She didn't know Sofia was Brix's mom because she never really asked her surname. She new Brix's mom is called Sofia, but she didn't expect that Ember's doctor was that Sofia.

"Yes" Sofia replied with a smile

Martha still upset with Brix pointed a finger at her "You!" she said bitterly "you're the reason why my daughter is in the hospital!"

"Excuse me?" Sofia asked confusedly

Martha turned to the other woman "did you know that your daughter is in a relationship with my daughter?" Sofia turned to Brix who couldn't look at the other woman. "You're the reason why my daughter is in the hospital!" Martha was about to slap Brix but Sofia stopped her

"Don't you dare touch my daughter" said Sofia "So what if they are in a relationship? I know my daughter. She would never hurt anyone"

"It's a sin!" said Martha "you're consenting this? They're both women!"

"So what?" Sofia asked "would that harm you? Harm them?"

"You and your daughter will go to hell!" said Martha

Sofia's blood was boiling with this woman's narrow mindedness "so it's a sin to befriend, hug or kiss another woman?" Sofia challenged

"Yes! It says it in the bible"

So, Sofia stepped forward and kissed the woman shocking everyone around them "If I'm going to hell, I'm taking you with me!" said Sofia dragging Brix "come on! My brain cells are melting from all the idiocy in there" Brix was still in shock. She just saw her mom kiss Ember's mom "Let's go!" said Sofia to her other kids "where is your father?"

"What's happening?" Jaime asked who is half way eating a cupcake

"There are too m—" Said Sofia but someone spoke on the podium. So, they didn't have any choice but stay, they didn't want to be rude walking out while the guest is talking.

While listening to Elena talk in the podium Sofia told them to find their sister but they couldn't find her. They too were in shock when Ysabelle told them she's pregnant. Sofia and Nico knew what Alex is feeling right now but they couldn't find her.

They saw Sofia walk off the stage, so they followed her. They exited the party and saw Alex and Ysabelle talking. Brix was about to intervene, but Sofia stopped her. On the way home, Nico turned to his wife on the passenger seat "why is your face like that?" eh asked concernedly.

"There are just so many idiotic people in this world" Sofia replied them turned to her daughters at the back seat "no matter what you do, as long as you are in the right and not hurting people, do what makes you happy and don't let anyone stop you" she turned to Brix who nodded.

Finally, home Brix sat at the lounge by the pool waiting for Alex to come home while the others are at the room. She tried contacting her but no answer. Then her phone beep, thinking it's Alex she opened it.

But it was Ember 'Hey' she texted

'Hey back' Brix replied

'How's the party?'

'Crazy' replied Brix thinking about the whole situation in the party. Her mom kissing another woman. Finding out Ysabelle's pregnant. There's a lot to things to think about.

'How so?'

'Well, I just saw my mom kiss your mom'

'WHAT?!' Brix's phone rang so she picked up "That's a lie!" she heard Ember say on the other line.

"Hello to you too" Brix replied "and why are you calling? They might hear you"

"No, no one's here" Ember replied "So, that is a total lie" Brix explained to her what happened "oh my gosh. You're mom's a badass. I stan!"

"Now you know where I got my genes" Brix replied

Ember shook her head "my mom's going to freak"

Brix smiled "I'm actually mad because your mom will only hate me more now"

Ember sighed "we'll get through this ok?" she heard Brix hum "how's your sister? That must have been painful for her"

"I bet. That's her great love were talking about here" Brix replied

"She'll be fine. It's Alex were talking about here" Ember replied

"I hope so" Brix replied

"Ok then. So should get some rest too. She'll need you and you need all the energy to help her" Eber advised

"Ok, good night" Brix replied "I love you"

"I love you too" Ember replied then hanged up.

Brix heard a noise behind her and saw Alex wobbling "Alex!" she shouted and wan after her.