Chapter 6: The Fight for Naboo

Onboard the ship, the trip back to Naboo was much quicker than the way to Coruscant. Alana made sure Anakin was safe with the pilots in the cockpit before changing into the Jedi robes that she had managed to get before they had loaded the ship. After changing into them, she made her way to the Queen's meeting room, where the others were already gathered.

She slipped into the room quietly and stood beside Obi-Wan as they were discussing the options for their arrival on Naboo.

"I can only protect you. I can't fight a war for you," Qui-Gon was saying, noting Alana's arrival.

"Jar-Jar Binks," the Queen said.

"Mesa, Your Highness?" He asked, stepping out from behind Obi-Wan. Alana noted the way Obi-Wan discreetly wrinkled his nose every time Jar-Jar spoke.

"Yes," the Queen said. "I need your help."

Alana raised an eyebrow at her request.

"Mesa be delighted to help yousa," Jar-Jar said, stepping forward.

"I need you to help us locate the Gungans. I hope to reach an agreement with them, so that we may get their help in our time of need," she said.

"That's a good idea, Your Highness," the Queen's head of security spoke. "The Gungans have an army that we could use."

"Then it is settled, we will go out of the way to meet with the Gungans instead of straight to the city center," the Queen said.

"Yes, Your Highness," Qui-Gon said, bowing.

"Now, let us prepare ourselves to reclaim our planet," the Queen said, standing and leaving the room with her handmaids surrounding her.

One-by-one the others began to leave the room. Alana found herself in step with Obi-Wan, yet again, both making their way up towards the cockpit. As they walked, Alana could tell that something was on his mind.

"What is it?" She asked.

"The last time I was here, I sensed something. A dark and elusive force," he said. "And now that we're back, I can sense it again, much stronger," he shook his head. "My Master reminded me to focus on the present, but it is getting difficult."

"I sense it too," Alana said, stopping in her tracks. "The moment that foul and dark creature landed on Tatooine, I could sense something was off. I just wasn't sure what it was."

"I think we will encounter it again," Obi-Wan said. "I hope you can remember your skills with a lightsaber."

"Those skills are not so easily forgotten, Obi-Wan," Alana said quietly. They stood there for another moment, contemplating what they might have to do when Alana finally shook herself out of it. "Come, Master Qui-Gon is right. We need to remain focused on the present. Too much thought clouds our judgment."

"Of course," Obi-Wan said. 

The pair continued on, reaching the cockpit just in time to come out of hyperspace. Alana took her brother out of the cockpit and prepared him for when they were to land. They made it down to the planet with very little disturbance. Once they landed, all the pilots and security gathered quickly in the main room and made their way down the ramp.

Jar-Jar and Obi-Wan went to the lake, while Qui-Gon scouted out the area on high alert. Alana went about organizing the men around the ship in order to better protect it. As she stood outside, keeping an eye on the area, she noticed Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan talking.

After some time, everyone got restless and began to descend from the ship, eager to get going. Alana made her way over to the other two Jedi and the head of security. Just as she arrived, Jar-Jar came up the banks of the swamp.