Chapter 37: The Newcomer

(IMPORTANT AN: I am so excited for you guys to read this chapter. I am actually working in tandem with another author and her OC to bring you this chapter and a few subsequent chapters. We have so much in store. You can check her out on Archive of Our Own (AO3) under the username charis_nikola and here on Wattpad at charis_nikola

We are both SO ready for you guys to meet Cieralai, and we want to know how you feel about her! Love/hate/not sure? Sound off in the comments! Much love. -Rach)

When Alana woke the next morning, she reluctantly packed her bag and boarded the ship that would take her back to Coruscant. Almost sensing that she was in a mood, Commander Bash and the rest of his men left her to her own devices. She spent her time in her room, either trying to contact Obi-Wan without success or closing her eyes to meditate, hoping that the dull pain in her head would go away.

The arrival back on Coruscant was much less happy than the last time Alana had left. Now taking up her place as an injured Jedi in recovery, she felt useless. She said goodbye to her men, making sure that they all had their proper assignments before making her way to a shuttle that brought her to the Jedi Temple.

She slowly made her way inside, greeting a handful of Jedi in the process with a courteous nod of acknowledgment. She slipped into one of the turbolifts that brought her to her quarters, and when the door slid open, she stepped inside, the door sliding shut behind her. It had been a few months since her last time on Coruscant, and while normally she was glad to return, she found the bustling place to feel empty and lonely.

Gone were the days of being able to sneak into Obi-Wan's quarters and sleep in his arms. Alana instinctually put her hand around the rope around her neck, twirling her concealed ring in her hands.

I am always with you.

She could just barely feel the engraving on the inside of the ring. She smiled at the thought before looking down at her stomach, and for a moment she felt at peace, the dull pain in her head subsiding.

"I suppose he's right," she said.

If anyone had seen her speaking softly to herself, they would have thought her crazy. But she knew that she was not speaking to the air or to herself, but to the tiny child growing inside of her. Even though she felt alone, being away from Sylvan, Anakin, and Obi-Wan, she wasn't.

Suddenly, a knock came at her door. Alana was shaken from her thoughts, and her hand dropped from her necklace.

"Coming!" She called before going back over to the door and pressing the button to open it.

A youngling was standing at her door, looking up at her with their eyes wide. They were stunned for a second and seemed to have forgotten what to say, which made Alana nearly laugh out loud. As she smothered her laugh, she knelt down to come face-to-face with the child.

"Hello Youngling," she said. "Are you alright?"

"Oh! Uh, yes!" The youngling spoke, twisting their hands nervously. "Master Plo sent me to invite you to the Council room."

"Thank you," Alana said. "I will make my way there now."

The youngling bowed slightly before racing off down the hall. Alana did not have the heart to call after him to slow down as many other Jedi had called to her when she had been caught racing down the halls.

Instead, she stepped out of her room and made her way towards the turbolift to the council chambers.

Once she arrived, she slid into the chambers, noting a handful of other Council members had already gathered, and amongst them was someone Alana had only seen a handful of times before.