Black Lives Matter

Hey everyone. Please read all the way through. Please.

I thought a lot before I posted this (this is why there have been no updates the past few days). I am not black. I am a white woman living in America who has had the privilege of not dealing with any of the same systemic racism and violence that black people face every day.

I wasn't going to post on this platform about it, but I realized that this was where I could probably reach the most people.

I am challenging each and every one of you, whether you are white, brown, black, or any color in between to make sure to vote on these issues, attend protests (if you are physically and mentally able to), donate money (if you can), support black businesses, and CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES and DEMAND change.

If you are outside of the United States, please try and support any US friends you may have and help to share things on social media and support black businesses. There are protests in many countries outside of the United States, so I would encourage you to see if there are any near you.

I am linking resources below to where my US readers can contribute your voice, your money, your time, and your compassion.

As a writer, I would never ask for more than your patience, your comments, votes, or even sometimes a follow, but now I am asking and challenging you to do more. Please be a part of the change.

If you are a person of color, I want you to know that I stand with you. I will do all I can to fight for you. I love and respect you for all that you have to endure each and every day.

If anyone knows of a resource I could add to this list, please comment or DM me, I will add it ASAP.

Donate:
1. George Floyd Memorial Fund
2. Minnesota Freedom Fund
3. Unicorn Riot
4. Run with Maud
5. Justice for Breonna
6. National Bailout
7. Black Visions Collective
8. Campaign Zero
9. Reclaim the Block
10. The Innocent Project

Call/Petition:
1. Text FLOYD to 55-156
2. Text JUSTICE to 668366
3. Leave a message for the numbers below demanding that Derek Chauvin (Badge #1087) and Tou Thao (Badge #7162) are arrested for murder:
      A. Minneapolis Mayor, Jacob Frey: 612-673-2100
      B. Call the District Attorney, Mike Freeman: 612-673-3074

Black-Owned Businesses:
1. Label by Three
2. Phenomenal Women
3. Jungalow
4. T.A
5. There are so many more, but please check for ones near you. Shop local. Support black-owned businesses.

Protests:
Here is an article that helps to explain how to find protests near you (I will post link in comments too): https://www.google.com/amp/s/mashable.com/article/how-to-find-george-floyd-protests-near-me.amp