Chapter 35: Division

(AN: An update coming for you on, of course, May the 4th!

Man, you guys, I just finished watching the last Clone Wars episode, season 7, episode 12, and I am a wreck. Wow. What an end to my childhood. I grew up watching this show, and to watch the epic conclusion really... there are no words. It was incredible, and Ahsoka and Rex have such a special place in my heart. If you have seen it, drop a comment as to how you're feeling (no spoilers please, just out of respect for others!) Much love. -Rach)

Unfortunately, the pit in Alana's stomach grew as she suddenly heard blaster fire nearby. She looked to Obi-Wan and frowned. They were close to the front lines.

"That doesn't sound good," Alana said, clenching her jaw. She scanned the forward command center to see if she could spot Sylvan, but her eyesight was slightly fuzzy. Alana frowned and squinted, trying to make out the figures. From what she could tell, Sylvan had disappeared. Alana sighed, realizing she had misplaced her Padawan.

"Let's go!" Anakin called to her and to Captain Rex, who had not made it very far.

"I can't, I have to find Sylvan," Alana called as he turned to race away with Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan scanned Alana's face before nodding in agreement. Something inside him made him reach out and touch her hand briefly.

"Be careful, my love," he spoke softly so that she was the only one who could hear his words. Alana glanced over to where Anakin was busy shouting orders to a few troops before turning back to Obi-Wan and smiling.

"You too," she replied, beginning to back away from him. "I'll find you once I've located Sylvan," she said, turning and racing away.

"That's not really a plan!" Obi-Wan called to her, but it was too late. She had already raced out of earshot. He sighed and looked at Anakin, who had turned his attention back to the two of them and was sporting a smirk across his face.

"Since when has she ever made a plan?" He said before turning and racing towards the blaster fire, Captain Rex in tow.

"I always seem to be stuck with the two worst planners in the history of the Jedi Order," Obi-Wan muttered to himself as he chased after Anakin.

Meanwhile, Alana had reached the forward command center to see a captain she did not recognize directing troops. Seeing her, he saluted quickly, expecting her to inform him of a plan but she shook her head.

"Follow Kenobi and Anakin's orders," she said. "Have you seen Sylvan? My Padawan?"

"Sorry, sir," the captain shook his head, causing Alana to sigh.

"I sent her here," Alana muttered, scanning around at the troops who were all making their way to the front lines. She quickly used her transmitter to try and reach Sylvan, but it was no use. Alana looked around before suddenly noticing Sylvan race in a direction opposite of the battle.

"Sylvan!" Alana shouted as loud as she could over the blasts, knowing that with her sensitive ears, Sylvan would be able to hear her. She winced suddenly, the sound of her own, loud voice making her head pound.

"Sir?" The clone trooper asked, looking in the direction that Alana was shouting and seeing her wince. He had a confused expression on his face.

Alana looked back at him and frowned before looking back to where Sylvan was, racing away from the front lines. Her Padawan challenged her, but she never directly ignored her. Alana looked to the front lines, trying to survey the situation, but it was no use. Her vision was hazy, and so she had no choice. She raced after her Padawan, calling her name loudly.