Chapter 25: Denial

"Due to your actions and violations of the Jedi Code, Alana Skywalker, you should be expelled from the Jedi Order, never to return," the voice of one of the Masters of the Council spoke.

Alana found herself in the middle of the Council chambers back on Coruscant. It was the day that she had left the Order all those years ago.

"However, certain members of the Council have vouched for you, and the Jedi Council has decided to offer you the option of leaving the Jedi Order of your own volition immediately, but in good graces, or you will be forcibly removed from the Jedi Order. With the first option, you may return to the Temple as a non-member; however, with the last you may never return."

Alana's eyes flickered over to where her Master sat in his seat at the Council, his eyes full of anguish. Upon catching her eye, he looked away, unable to help the Padawan that he had failed.

With as much dignity as she could, she turned and left the room quickly. She had devoted the last 13 years of her life to the Jedi and they had abandoned her without even batting an eye.

Alana made her way quickly out of the Temple, tears stinging her face. She was blinded by them, and she could feel herself beginning to get angry.

When she arrived at the landing platform, she heard a familiar voice.

"Alana?" It was her friend, Shaak Ti. They had been friends since their time together as Younglings. She was standing with her Master on the platform, and when she saw her friend, she stepped towards her. "What's wrong?"

Alana turned to look at Shaak Ti, choking down her sobs. She could see her trying to come closer, but Alana stepped back.

"Stay away," she said. "Just stay away from me."

With that, she turned and raced towards a transport ship and jumped on. She picked a seat in the back and pulled her legs in tight and wrapping her robe around her to conceal her identity.

She got off at the first stop, and found herself wandering into the Senate building. Alana got lost inside, her mind wandering and entering into a state of panic. She found a little closet and hid inside, crying loudly, when suddenly a voice came to her.

"What are you doing here, child?"

Alana looked up and through her tears she saw a man, concealed in a deep red and black outfit. When they looked at each other, Alana felt a shivering cold run through her bones.

"I-I-"

"You're a Jedi Padawan, come, let's get you back to the Temple," he said, offering his hand out for her to take.

"No!" Alana's voice burst out, more loudly than she had expected. "Please, no. I don't belong there anymore."

"I see," the man said, sitting down beside her. He seemed to study her for a moment before speaking again. "What is your name?"

"Alana Skywalker," she replied.

"You're scared, aren't you, Alana? And angry?"

"They- they left m-me," Alana whimpered, looking down at her hands. Even though she was fifteen, she felt like a small child, lost and abandoned by those she respected and cared for the most.

"Why don't you let me help you?" The man said. 

"But how? How can you help me?" Alana asked, angrily wiping the tears off her face. 

"I can give you a place to stay. You can continue to train."

"If the Jedi have abandoned me, then how am I supposed to train?"