The Hanahaki Disease {Vegeta x Reader}

Requested by Skyler-the-hedgehog
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

What was the Hanahaki disease you may ask? To put it simply it is when a person coughs up petals when suffering a one-sided love. The only known cure was when the beloved accepts the victims feelings. Or getting in removed but your feelings will disappeared for them. The Hanahaki disease also had petals force their way out of the victims throat it was a very painful experience. Blood also reportedly been a side effect of the disease. 

Bulma sighed as she rubbed her friend's back. The blue haired woman couldn't help but sympathize with them. She too felt the pain of her one-sided love before she got married and the disease disappeared. It disappeared like it never happened.

"You know Vegeta I felt the exact way when I fell in love with Yamcha. God I was so terrified of asking him out but you never know maybe this love interest might like you back."

Vegeta threw up in the toilet holding the edges as he glared at his ex-wife. "Life isn't a fanfic Bulma get your head out of the clouds!"

There was a knock on the door and as Bulma rolled her eyes she stood up. "I was being comforting." As she opened it she saw you with a very concerned look.

"Is Vegeta okay?"

The saiyan felt his whole body become stiff as he threw up even harder. Instead of just petals and saliva it became a mixture of blood. Bulma noticed the quick change and immediately scavenged through her cupboards for a medication.

"I'm sorry (Y/n) but can you go into the guest bathroom and grab a medicine bottle that has a purple flower on it?" You nodded your head and left the room. Once you were gone she gave him a amusued look.

"So it's her huh?" Bulma smugly remarked as she slapped Vegeta's back.

Vegeta just glared at her, "Shut up woman! Did you just send her out to make fun of me in such a pitiful state."

"Yes and no." She bluntly replied before she chuckled. "You'll be fine the medicine she's getting is made by me so you know it'll work." 

"Here you go Bulma!" A voice yelled out. Quickly you handed her the bottle and she gave Vegeta the medicine and in no time he started to feel better.

"See all better but you do know what you have to do right?"

His face sparked a blush as he averted his eyes towards the tile floor. "Yes but it will take time."

As he turned to face you, you envelope him into a hug. "Oh my god you're in love! Whoever this person is I know they'll say yes."

Vegeta felt his face warm up this time he felt no flowers waiting to go up his throat. "Y-yeah but I'm not going to admit my feelings just yet, I need to prepare myself."

"Ah I know how that feels...but don't take too long you might hurt yourself. Hanahaki is known to kill." You warned before wincing as your stomach starting to ache and your throat burned. 'I'm such a hypocrite,' you forced a chuckle before looking at your phone as an excuse to leave. "Crap I gotta go...sorry to leave the party Bulma but I got to run some errands."

As you exited the room you tried your best to keep the petals from overflowing your mouth. Once you were outside you opened a capsule and jumped into your car where you then threw up.

Bulma raised an eyebrow, "That was strange...hopefully she's okay too."

You're heart felt like it was breaking as tears streamed down your face. Damn this cursed disease! It made you vulnerable and acted like you were on your period. 'He loves someone else...I thought I was done loving him!' you cursed the plant flowed out of your mouth.

You cringed as you felt the petals crawl up your throat. They felt disgusting and you were ashamed to call yourself Vegeta's friend. The stubborn prince also felt the same way but he felt like such a coward for not stepping up. What happened to his confidence? Was it because of the disease that stopped him from admitting anything to you?

Everytime you got near him he would be a different man; frail, weak, shy, it pissed him off, and when you got closer his throat burned and he felt the need to throw up. It's been a little over two years but never during that time he's felt this pain extend. This was actually the first time he saw blood mixed with the petals.

With the disease it was possible to live with it until six years. So it gave people enough time to get over their unrequited love or have the other person fall in love with them. Depending on how much you love the person coughing up blood only shortens the life expectancy of the six years.

In Vegeta's case it could go down to two more years as he's had feelings longer than you have. That's if he doesn't admit his feelings. You were nearly on the same boat but had yet to see the crimson explode out your mouth.

Thirty minutes have passed and since then you've been throwing up. Surprisingly you made it home. Once you finished and got to your room you headed to bed. You needed to tell him how you felt before it got worse. But that was a problem for another day as your eyes grew heavy. You were extremely tired and so you feel asleep.

At Bulma's house Vegeta sat on the chair as the party continued. He was on edge since he couldn't see you. He was worried that you left in such a hurry. Maybe it was nothing but he still couldn't help the pain on your face. Maybe you were in the same rut he was in. He'd be lucky if he was the cause of your misfortune as his delt with you. But then again life wasn't some fanfic where everything went accordingly right?