Chapter Nineteen

“James!” Lea and Jake exclaimed when James walked through the door.

“Hiya!” James replied, running past his parents and up the stairs with the twins.

“Why do I have the feeling that something’s going to happen?” Pansy asked as she and Harry hung their cloaks up in the closet.

“Because something will probably happen, you know what happens when you put the twins and James together!” Hermione laughed, leading the group to the living room. 

“You’re probably right.” Harry nodded.

“Tea anyone?” Hermione asked, switching the subject effectively.

“Yes please,” the trio replied.

“I’ll be right back,” Hermione said, heading to the kitchen.

“I’ll come with you,” Pansy said abruptly.

Hermione raised her eyebrows but shrugged and continued to the kitchen with Pansy following.

“What do you want to talk about Pans?” Hermione asked, grabbing some cups out of the cupboard.

“I dunno, maybe the fact that meandharrykissedandithinki’mfallinginlovewithhim” Pansy said quickly, looking down.

“Sorry, come again,” Hermione asked, shocked.

“Harry and I kissed and I think I’m falling in love with him,” Pansy repeated, fiddling with the hem of her dress.

Hermione sat down in a chair and Pansy did the same.

“Oh my god, when? How?” Hermione asked excitedly, turning into her inner girly girl.

“He kissed me last night before we went to bed! It’s just how he acts, he’s so great with James and he’s so sweet and I don’t know, it’s everything about him!” Pansy exclaimed, moving her hands all over the place. “And I don’t know if he even likes me!” she said before breaking down in tears.

Hermione sat their shocked for a moment; she had no clue that Pansy was so emotional.

“It’s okay Pansy,” she said, wrapping her arms around her friend in a comforting manner.

“He does like you Pans, maybe even loves you, you can see it in the way he looks at you.” Hermione said, rubbing soothing circles on her back.

“You think so?” Pansy sniffled

“Definitely,” Hermione agreed. “We should probably get back,”

“Yeah, we should,” Pansy answered, pouring the tea into the cups quickly.

Hermionelevitated the cups to the living room and to each person. Harry looked at Pansy with a concerned look on his face, but after Hermione gave him a Look, he didn’t question the tear stains.

The group began to talk about school, their kids and Quidditch, completely oblivious to the pranks being planned directly above them.

XXX

“James! You have to see what uncle Fred and George gave us!” Lea exclaimed when they got to the twins playroom.

“A chest?” James asked curiously, after Jake showed him the trunk.

“Not just any trunk-” Lea started.

“A super awesome prank supplies chest!” Jake exclaimed.

“But it’s just filled with toys,” James said, puzzeled.

“Only if you’re a true prankster you can see past the toys,” Lea explained.

“Put your hand on the lid,” Jake directed.

James did as he was asked, and the toys turned into an automatically replenishing supply of Weasely’s Wizarding Wheezes products.

“This is brilliant!” James shouted when he saw all the items. “Do you know how many pranks we could do now!”

“A lot?” Lea replied.

“More than a lot! A lot, a lot, A LOT!!” James exclaimed and the twins covered their ears. James was very loud.

“Do you want to start planning a prank?” Lea asked her companions.

“Yes!” Jake exclaimed, pulling items out of the chest.

“First, we can put a little bit of Canary Cream in Professor McGonagall’s food! She’ll turn into a canary! Wouldn’t that be awesome!” James exclaimed, putting some of the cream aside.

“Secondly, we could give some Fever Fudge to Snape! It’ll be so funny that Mum will even laugh!” Jake put aside some fudge.

“I think we should give Uncle Ron a Fainting Fancy! It won’t be as funny as the prank against Snape though.” Lea said excitedly.

“I think that’s enough for this week,” Jake said.

“The first prank meeting for the mini Marauders is officially over!” James exclaimed, tapping his fake wand on the chest.