Chapter Thirty-One

“Hello students,” Professor Millane greeted.

A few students mumbled “Hi’s,” while most just stared at her eagerly.

“I’m sure you are all wondering why I called this meeting,” many impatient gazes met hers. (A/N Wow déjà vu much?)

“I heard that a rumour got out about the children, and you being able to keep them after this project finishes,” Theodore looked sheepish for a moment.

“The rumours are...true,” the young professor was met by happy squeals, smiles, and tears. “If you wish to keep your child or children, you can come to me, and I’ll perform a spell to make sure that you’ve been suitable parents to the children, then you can sign to keep the kids, okay?”

The class nodded happily, and eagerly. Many of the mothers had tears streaming down their faces, and some of the men looked like they had tears in their eyes. Not that they’d admit it, though.

“You must keep the kids for the rest of the year, so the children will stay as thirteen year olds, or fourteen year olds if they have a birthday sometime between January and June, then, we’ll change them back to newborns so you can have real memories of them through every stage,”

“As for living arrangements, I suggest that after school is finished, the parents live either together, or in close proximity of each other. You may have the baby materials that are in the homes, if you wish, as they will appear back on graduation day.” The Professor clasped her hands together tightly, “Now, discuss!”

“Do we really need to talk? We already know that we’re going to keep them. Let’s go to Millane,” Hermione said, grabbing Draco’s hand, and pulling him to the teacher’s desk.

“Every teacher thought that I was crazy putting you two together, said that you’d kill each other before I could say ‘Quidditch!’” Professor Millane smiled as Hermione and Draco sat down in chairs at her desk.

“I thought you were nutters when I heard ‘Malfoy- Granger!’” Hermione laughed, tightly holding Draco’s hand.

“I see it all worked out though,”

“It did,” Hermione smiled at Draco, who smiled back.

“Down to business now, you’re keeping the twins, I presume,”

“Definitely,” Draco said.

“Will you be living together?”

Hermione looked at Draco, who nodded. “Yes,”

“Good, now I just have perform a spell, then you can sign the papers,”

Gloria Millane whispered the incantation under her breath, and bright, O’s appeared over their heads.

“I wouldn’t have expected anything less,” she smiled. “You both have achieved Outstanding’s on this project, congratulations. Now sign here and the twins are officially yours forever!”

Smiling, Hermione and Draco signed on the dotted line. After they finished signing, the parchment glowed brightly, signifying the twins turning from a spell, to fully human.

“Here are their birth certificates and health records for St. Mungo’s. The twin’s birthdays are on April fourteenth. Keep these safe until graduation. You may go now,” she handed them a large envelope, and smiled brightly as Hermione and Draco stepped out of the silencing bubble that the professor had placed around her desk.

“They’re ours, forever,” Hermione cried happily, hugging Draco.

The couple went, and sat down at one of the desks. “So, where are we going to live?”