~1~

"There's no single feminine bone in your body. You're supposed to be a woman,not a man."___Louis.

Kaitlyn*

"Kathy?"

"I'm done. I'm here Louis."

I came out of the bathroom and cajoled to the kitchen where Louis was busy preparing breakfast.

"Seriously Kai?" She placed her hands on her hips. "Men clothes again? I thought I hid those last time!"

I grinned. "Maybe there's a big fat rat in this house that keeps rampaging the house for hide-aways. "

" Alright. Fine. Fine. Fine. Here's your lunch. There's money in you backpack. Use it to purchase something for breakfast."

" You're the best. Thank you so much!" I said and hugged her.

" Now run along.. go.. before Mr Dober shouts at you again."

" Okay.. I'm going. " I said and picked my bag and hanged it on my shoulders before walking out of our small apartment.

Louis and I were best of friends since childhood. Louis has always been there for me since childhood and they were no words to describe how tight our friendship was. My mother, Susan Grey lived with my sister Karen in clear lake, one of the worst cities in California. While Louis and I resided here in Los Angeles. After attending the same college,we both graduated but couldn't find a good job so we resolved to meagre means of getting money, obviously trying to make ends meet. My mother had insisted I lived with Louis and that life in USA was very hard. While Louis got a job as a waiter in a small restaurant, I had gotten a job as a janitress in the same hotel that owns the restaurant. We both worked hard to make ends meet. While my shifts start very early in the morning, Louis's starts from mid-day.

My life has always been very simple. I was typically the male in our house. I didn't care when people called me a tomboy because all I ever did was dress like a boy. Back home, I'll always wear my father's clothes and sometimes carry his gun anytime we went for hunting. I had taken boxing lessons before attending college. I wasn't interested in all these fashions, jewelries, make-up or even girl's clothing. I made a few guy friends during college and anytime I bring them home, Louis will always freak out and would sometimes threaten to report me to my mother. Since then I stopped bringing them home but that didn't stop me from hanging out with them during weekends. I had a few girlfriends too but they were not as close to me as my guy friends were. But none was as close to me as Louis was. She has always and will always be my best friend and no one could ever take her place in my heart not even my sister. Louis had always told me countless times that I was very beautiful and that I had a good body shape and that I shouldn't hide it by being a tomboy. Who cares?
I was just a twenty two years old blonde with grey hair and green eyes living her simple tomboy life and I didn't care who hated me or not.

"You! Late again Grey?" My Dober who was waiting for me at the entrance of the hotel asked me with a frown.

"Look Mr Dober, I've told you countless times that if you don't appreciate my services, you can as well fire me. Or will you?"

He sighed them shook his head. " Fine. Now go in. But you must promise to be on time tomorrow. You know I can't fire you."

Of course he can't fire me. Mr Dober was the manager of the hotel and he knew that I was the most hard-working janitress in the hotel. I even worked harder than all the male janitors and they sometimes say I had super strength because I could lift twice of what all the male janitors lift. They sometimes bribe me to do their works for them and when I did, they'll buy me shots and squeeze small bucks in my pocket. Other times, I'll be the one to order them around.