~15~

"Save that title for one of your many fuck toys." ___Kaitlyn.

   Wesley*

"Wife?" The question made the pen pop out of my hand onto the floor.

"Listen..."

"You could have chosen any other relative answer like friend, sister or acquaintance. Why wife? Wesley you don't believe in relationships."

I wanted to talk but I couldn't find the strength to speak. It was as if all the air in my body was sucked out straight from my lungs.

"And why was Kaitlyn's body frozen?"

Goodness...

"Wesley what did you do?"

"Laurel can you please just let me think straight for a second. "

" What do you mean think straight for a second?! She almost died Wesley. Didn't you hear what the doctor said? Kaitlyn almost lost her life today and I'm sure it's because of you so you better start talking or else I'll tell everyone exactly what you've done."

"What did I do? " I wanted to hear what she knows about what I've done.

" That you stuck Kaitlyn up in a freezer."

What?

"I didn't. What makes you think I would? "

" We both know what you're capable of when you're angry. So you better start talking. "

" Laurel can you please... Please just let Kaitlyn recover first before we discuss this please? "

" No! You have to explain what Kaitlyn was doing in your house in the first place!"

Just then a doctor walked up to me. "Sir we need to see you right now."

I followed the doctor, thankful that Laurel wasn't asking any more questions.

"Sir we ran a few tests on her and we found out that her lungs were earlier blocked as a result of too much ice.. we traced the cause and we discovered that the patient was locked in a fridge and was suffocated as well. That was what caused her inability to breathe and faint pulse. How on earth did that happen? The patient could have died within thirty minutes. Thirty minutes, if the fridge wasn't turned off within that time span..."

Shit...

" But doctor she's fine now right?"

" We're still not sure yet but she's out of danger now and one more thing, the patient is allergic to anything cold for the now. Any cold substance could trigger the hypothermia and cause more damage to her lungs since they are not completely healed yet.. you can allow her be in a cold environment or even inhale the cold but she musn't take anything cold same goes to her clothes.. they must be warm and you must endeavor to change her as often as possible.."

" But doctor... Is this allergy going to last forever?"

He gave me an assuring look." No Mr Cooper. It won't last for very long. Perhaps a few years.. but constant and hot treatment could reduce the time span of the allergy. Mr Cooper, you must take care of her..and also for the Anemia.. Please Mr Cooper you mustn't joke with these diseases, they are very dangerous and deadly..any minor thing could lead to death.. I'm sure you know meals the patient should avoid?"

" Yes I do."

" Good. The patient is not going to be conscious today but we'll let you know when the patient's conscious."

" Thank you."

I took a seat across the ICU. When was I ever concerned for someone like this? And especially someone I vowed to ruin?