Chapter 5

A week later

"Richie please come back!!" Eddie cried, then looked at his friends. "What the hell is wrong with you guys.." he ran after Richie.
————

That day, an hour earlier. All of the losers were at Bills house, playing games.

"Oh god, and it was so fucking hilarious!! He tripped in front of everyone and then he didn't talk to me for four days." Richie laughed, as he talked about Eddie falling flat on his face in the arcade a couple days ago. "See!! Look at his face!" Everyone looked over and Eddie had his arms crossed, looking like an angry little chipmunk.

"Richie shut the fuck up it wasn't funny!!!" He groaned.

"Alright guys, enough. Who wants to play truth or dare??" Bev smirked, twirling her fingers around a strand of her hair.

"I'm down." Mike laughed a little, and everyone else agreeing. Even if they didn't want to play.

Richie POV:
'Don't pick truth. And you'll be okay. They won't know anything.'
——

"Alright.." Bev looked around, "Stan. Truth or dare."

"Well.. If I have to do this stupid game I'm not doing a dare. So truth."

Richie laughed, "pussy." He received an eye roll from Stan, but stopped laughing in case he'd smack him. Bev interrupted them, "Okay! Stan.. if you could.. would you give up all of us, or your parents?"

"What kind of question is that?!"

They all started laughing, Richie scooted closer to Stan, putting an arm over his shoulder. "Cmonnn.. you wouldn't give up us would you?? Let alone your best friend. Moi." He smiled at him, a dorky smile. Stan put a hand over his face, "Richie I'd give you up any day." Richie gasped, "Wowwww.." he moved back over to where he was sitting. Everyone laughed a little at Stans joke, Richie looked annoyed, and Eddie didn't laugh. Surprisingly,

"I'd give up my parents."

That just made them laugh harder, none of them really had the best parents. If anyone, Bill probably had the most 'okay' family. Though it was better when Georgie was around. Yes, they did fight IT. Two years ago. But now they didn't really think of it. It was hard to get over though, no one wanted to talk about it either, even if they thought it. Richie wouldn't lie, he'd get scared sometimes when he was alone. He'd hear weird things, but he didn't talk about it.
———

They went through a couple more truths and dares. Bill sipped some of his soda and turned towards Eddie. "Truth or d-dare."

Eddie looked at Richie, he kinda wanted to impress him by not being a 'pussy.' "Dare." Richie smiled at that, "See stan! Eddie's not a pussy!"

"Beep Beep Richie." Stan looked to the side.

"Would b-both of you s-shut up?! Alright.. Eddie." Eddie looked at him, "Kiss Richie." Everyone looked at the two, making both of them turn bright red. Richie leaned closer to Eddie, pointing to both cheeks. "Which cheek??" He laughed a little, trying to stay calm. Bill shook his head, "No. On the lips."

Richie was quiet, for the first time he didn't have anything to say. But then again, he didn't want anyone.. to know. "Yeah.. no." He laughed nervously. Eddie spoke at the exact same time, "Well I wouldn't mind." Everyone looked at him, then Eddie started to get uncomfortable. Richie noticed, "Just uh.. get it over with. Cmon eds." He smiled and leaned closer to him, even if he was fucking terrified.

"Bill, you only said to kiss him. Not where. At first, so I'll do what I want." He gave Richie a quick kiss on the cheek, making Richie smile like a dork. He backed up and touched his face.

Stan took this opportunity to tease him because he was all smily now. "Well I can tell someone liked that. Look at him, BLUSHING."

Everyone started laughing, "oohhh R-Richie has a crush!!" Bill teased. And now Richie stopped smiling.

"Shit wait, Richie are you actually into him?? You're quiet, guys oh my god, trashmouth is quiet!" Bev started laughing hard, and then Richie felt small. He felt his heart beat a little faster and his hands start to shake. 'They're laughing at you. They think you're gross. They know. They know. They know.' His thoughts were interrupted when he felt a hand on his back, he looked over to see Eddie. Looking concerned. "Are you okay?"

He felt even worse, looking at him. And his stupid face, his stupid beautiful eyes, and his stupid smile, and everything. He was about to speak when Stan smacked Richie on the arm, laughing. "You like Eddie, you cant lie now!!" Everyone was laughing, and he couldn't take it all. He burst, "YEAH I DO AND IM FUCKING GAY OKAY?!!" Everyone went silent, and all eyes were on him. Richie felt the tears forming, and he quickly grabbed his bag and ran out. Eddie stood up, "Richie please come back!!" He cried out, and looked at all of them. "What the hell is wrong with you guys.." he knew they were joking, but still. He ran after Richie.
——

Richie hopped on his bike and started pedalling away, fast. As tears fell down his face. He heard Eddie yelling in the distance, he pedalled faster. He sped around a corner and lost him. There was this spot he'd always go to when things bad happened. It was just a huge tree on a field, near the outside of town. He biked there, and just started breaking down. "They hate me... t-they think I'm disgusting.. I knew this would happen one day... fuck.. what is wrong with me.." he punched himself. "Everything. Everything is wrong with me.." he curled up in a ball.

After a bit he just felt.. sort of numb. He was running his hand through the flame on his lighter. Then, he heard footsteps, and spun around.

Eddie.

Before he could say anything, Eddie knelt in front of him and hugged him tightly. He felt like he was gonna cry again and hugged him back. "E-Eds..."

"It's okay Richie.. it's okay.." he put a hand behind his head. And that made him feel safer, and closer to him.

Eddie backed up a little, "I'm sorry we made you say it.."

"No.. them. You weren't laughing, at least.. I don't think you were."

"I wasn't." He rubbed his cheek, making Richie blush a little. "How'd you know I was here?"

"Cmon Rich, this is your smoking spot. Which.. you should stop smoking, it's not-"

"Not good, I know I know.. you tell me this all the time." He laughed a little, making Eddie laugh as well. "Well yeah, I don't want you doing this to yourself.. cmon, it's late. Let's get you home." He stood up. "I don't wanna go there.. can we go to the clubhouse?"

Normally Eddie would say no, he doesn't like going to the woods at night. But in this situation, yes. "Yeah." He held his hand out and Richie took it. They went all the way to the clubhouse. Richie sat in the hammock, "I think I'm gonna sleep in here tonight."

"I think it's dangerous out here, you should sleep at home, all warm, in your bed, rolled up in a blanket."

He laughed, "why do I get the feeling you stalk me??"

"I don't stalk you!" He laughed too and walked over to him. So he was standing in between his legs, and they both went quiet. They looked at each other at the same time, Richie looking away first. "Richie." "Yeah..?" He looked at him again, then felt Eddies hands cup his own face. And the blush rise in his cheeks. "W-What aRe you doing?" Eddie just smiled, and he spoke again. "Eddie-" "Shut up Richie." He grabbed his collar and pulled him close, smashing their lips together.