Chapter 17

"He's definitely in that house." Richie said.

The losers started walking to his house. Maybe his mother could help after all.

They arrived at the Tozier house, and let themselves in. It's the first time all the losers would be going to see Richie's house.

"Mom! Your right, Eddie is definitely in that house. Mrs.K just lied to our faces."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

She took a look at all of the losers, "Wow. You kids are all so grown up."

They all smiled; "Mom focus!"

"We need a plan. But we should wait till tomorrow-

"I can't wait mom! My boyfriends in trouble! I can't just sit around!"

"You won't hun! We just have to stay cal-

"Don't fucking tell me to stay calm! I can't! I can't!!!" Richie shouted, then regret what he just said.

"Mom..I-i- im sor-

He flopped down on the couch, tears falling down his face. Bev and Stanley sat next to him, comforting him.

Richie's mother knelt down infront of him.

"Hun, if we want to find Eddie..we need a plan. We have to wait."

"B-but what i-If I cant mom?!" He started to break down.

"W-what If s-something h-happens..I- I need to get him mom.."

Stanley couldn't hold his tears in anymore, and let them come rushing down. Mike taking him in for a hug. All the losers were emotional.

"Richie, the sooner we find out a plan. The sooner we can find Eddie."

He looked up towards Mike, then back down at his feet.

"O-okay. But we need to h-hurry."

————————————————

Eddie groaned, slowly lifting his head off the cold floor. He could barely feel his wrists, the position he was in was cutting off his circulation. His head ached; goosebumps covered his body. He was covered in dirt; and dry blood on his forehead. The wound was not bad, nothing to kill him. His under eyes were dark, and he hadn't had any food or water. At least Sonia allowed him to go the washroom, sometimes. His throat was dry, and in pain. He could barely stay awake. He felt like he was dying slowly, he didn't know what it felt like, but he can imagine this was it.

He then heard footsteps coming towards the basement door. He quickly sat up, and tried to look strong. But all he looked like was weak, and useless. At least that's what he felt like. The door swung open to Sonia rushing down the stairs.

She looked at Eddie, examining him with her eyes. He avoided eye contact.

"Oh Eddie. You did this to yourself, you know that right?"

Eddie gave her a what the fuck look.

"But I'm going to make you better." She slowly took off the tape from his mouth.

"I'm better mommy." He lied.

"I promise, i- I'm not gay. I don't wanna hangout with those losers, I wanna stay with you ma."

She looked as if she didn't believe him, until he said "I've learned my lesson."

She smiled, "that's my boy."

Sonia then started untying the rope on his wrists, he felt relieved. But scared.

She let his hands and legs free and helped him up, Eddie tumbled back on the floor. Taking deep breaths; he felt a rush of adrenaline pumping through his veins. Now.

With all the strength he had left any made a break for it and ran up the stairs, fast as he could. He ran to the front door, but there were several locks on it. He panicked, and spotted a window in the family room. He ran towards it, locked.

Sonia then yanked him by his shirt pulling him back down to the basement. He yanked off his shirt and tried to escape once more; he already regretted it.

"I should've known. You made a huge mistake Eddie." Tears started forming in him eyes once more, and tied his arms around the pole. He shook and squirmed to get out, but it was impossible.

Sonia then silently took her belt off. Eddie knew what was coming. She held up her belt in the air, "this'll teach you a lesson."

She whacked the belt across Eddie's chest, and he screamed in pain. She again put duct tape around his mouth, hitting him once more. Until she felt the need he needed no more.

At this point Eddie was laying on the floor in a puddle of his own tears; bruises all across his chest and ribs. He knew his mother was insane, but he never knew that she would go this far.

This time she didn't tie his legs up, just left him alone. As of now her usual routine, she headed back upstairs.

All Eddie could do was cry, and just hope Richie was coming for him.

After hours of laying there in the gutter, Eddie just realized the house phone was right beside the kitchen. If he could someone escape again, he might have time to dial Richie's number. But it was almost impossible, because Sonia would not believe his lies again. Would it be worse if he tried again? But, what could get worse then being trapped in a dirty, cold basement; Being tied up, and beaten. Let alone he hadn't had food or water in days. He didn't even know how long he'd been in here. He had no energy. So maybe all he could do was wait.

He needed to think of something other than...dying.

Richie.

"R-r-Richie....p-please...I-if y-you k-know w-where I-i am. P-please h-hurry."

——————————————————

"Alright we leave tomorrow. But right now, I think you should all get some rest."

All the losers nodded their heads in agreement, except for Richie. His mother faced him.

"Richie..."

"I'm not sleeping until he's safe."

She looked down and sighed.

"Why."

All the losers looked at Richie.

"W-why are we waiting?!" I need to fucking get to him now!!! There's no reason to be waiting!! I don't care what you guys say anymore, I'm going to find him. Right now."

All the losers looked at eachother, why were they waiting?

"I can't wait either." Stanley stood up.

One by one the rest of the losers stood up; just like the blood oath.

But this promise, is to find Eddie alive.